Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2021 10:24:07 PM EDT
What's the mask situation in East TN like? Still tons of people wearing them?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, at least in and around Knoxville.

The only county with a still mandated mask policy is Knox county and city, this is in east TN. I don’t know about Hamilton county.

Stores, etc. can still require them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Hamilton's mask mandate expires April 29th.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Blount never had a mandate, some stores have signs requiring them probably less than half wear them.
Was in Gatlinburg/ Pigeon forge last week, a lot of employees wearing them but very few customers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sevier County’s mask mandate expired 15 APR 2021.  We’re open for business!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Rural counties (I'm in one) has less than a 50% usage rate. Getting smaller by the day, IMO.

Hamilton Co has most of the fast food dine-in lobbies still closed off, with only a few exceptions. Sit-down restaurants won't even seat you w/o a mask. Ask me how I know that.

Bradley Co also has most of its fast food lobbies still closed, again with some exceptions. Most dine-ins are open & no longer hassle you for a mask. No clue on mandatory rule or not, or lifting it or not.

My work is run by hand-wringing liberals who follow CDC guidelines like it's been handed to Moses. I have to mask entering the office, mask when I'm around clients, etc. This will never end, or at least as long as CDC exists.

Showing there's no bottom to stupidity, the Nashville mayor recently announced that masks are no longer mandatory outdoors. Jesus.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in several stores in rural east Knox County on Sunday. Zero to 25% wearing masks, depending on the store. At a gas station and an auto parts store, no one with a mask, not even the clerks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top