Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2023 7:52:00 PM EDT
Showed up with a ton of stuff around 6:30pm and there was a sign up saying they closed at 4 today.

Lots of cars there, anybody know what was going on?

I'm sad I didn't get to blast
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Their last day is Sunday, April 23rd.  I was there yesterday and it was pretty busy. One cashier asked what caliber and type of ammo I was shooting. I assume people are shooting 5.56 LAP and whatnot and they're worried about their baffles. . After cleaning up I noticed 2 boxes of empty boxes of PMC X-TAC 5.56 LAP 62 gr. in the trash,so I guess there may be something to it.  

There are just a few guns left.  a Century arms MP5 clone at full MSRP $1700ish, A glock 45 MOS @ $499.00 and some other Glock for around the same price.   All other accessories are 40% or 50% off but prices on them seem to be higher than they were when I was in there last time. No discount on remaining ammo behind counter.   If you need mags or aftermarket parts for a SW M&P, there is plenty left, some magpul accessories, AR parts, a few glock mags etc.

Best, closest range convenient to me. Still not happy they're closing. I guess its another reason to escape NotVA in a few years.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn’t realize they are done today. Last I heard was end of May. I suspect the owner realized he didn’t have to keep making payroll if he doesn’t want too…

I may swing by today, but it sucks losing those two shops around the corner from each other,

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The County wanted Elite out by May 1st.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I later found out that they closed early for an employee appreciation dinner.

But they're closed now, so sad
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I shot there yesterday and was surprised by the number of staff they had on hand. Every business owner I have met would have been running with the bare minimum having laid people off early. I think that was a kind move looking out for the folks who have always provided good service there.

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Not quite sure. Probably at least a year. I’m changing careers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if anyone's going to step in to fill the vacuum?

Where did most of ESS's customers come from, east or west?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#9]
For a Pro 2A range that is Military/LEO friendly? XCAL in Loudoun.  $25.00 an hour.

https://xcal.com/

There's also the NRA range in Fairfax, until of course they sell the building. $15.00 an hour for NRA members, $25.00 for others, but you have to have a safety orientation card that costs $10.00 ( one-time fee).

https://nrahqrange.nra.org/

There's this place in Lorton. $ 25.95 an hour.

https://sharpshootersindoorrange.net/indoor-range/

http://www.clarkbrosguns.com/Our-Range

Clark Brothers in Warrenton. $25 an hour unless you buy their ammo/targets, then its "free".

There's another place in Loudoun that donates to Demoncrat gun grabbers,  which I won't post, feel free to google it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Have they modernized their range at all in the last few years? I used to go there a few times a year, and the staff was friendly and helpful, but the range was always kind of dark. I think I actually had an annual membership at one point. I went to the NRA range about 9 years ago with a friend and was impressed by how clean and bright it was, by comparison. One day I heard the NRA staff talking about how Sharpshooters had just completed an inspection and discovered that the lead content in the air at their range was much higher than the safe limit, and the staff was getting checked out for lead exposure. I decided not to go back there again. Hopefully they got it all cleaned up, but for about the same price, I preferred the NRA range.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have they modernized their range at all in the last few years? I used to go there a few times a year, and the staff was friendly and helpful, but the range was always kind of dark. I think I actually had an annual membership at one point. I went to the NRA range about 9 years ago with a friend and was impressed by how clean and bright it was, by comparison. One day I heard the NRA staff talking about how Sharpshooters had just completed an inspection and discovered that the lead content in the air at their range was much higher than the safe limit, and the staff was getting checked out for lead exposure. I decided not to go back there again. Hopefully they got it all cleaned up, but for about the same price, I preferred the NRA range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the guys I shoot steel with has Sharpshooters as the closest range. I don’t think it’s changed. He says even though it’s indoors, dress for the weather as it’ll be the same temp inside as outside.

XCal is definitely a good choice if you’re in the area. Get a membership so you can reserve your range time as it’s starting to get more crowded. With Elite closing, there are more folks coming over. It’s also very close to the expo center so it’s a stop on the way from the gun show for a lot of people. Staff is friendly and the range has weathered its first year of use pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dunno, honestly I haven't been in shatshooters in years. I used to work in the area and pop in from time to time. Last time I was I was in there, I was looking at an old colt 1917 revolver they had in the case.  Upon closer physical inspection, it had an obviously bulged barrel. I pointed it out to the counter guy and he just shrugged. Never been back since.

Morbid tidbit, they rent guns and every 18 months or so there's a suicide. There's a particular handgun that's been involved more than once.  I guess they were all Inspector Harry Callahan fans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top