Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the debate that I believe was the 14th:

November 2022 election: Measure 114
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the info for the NRA open house tomorrow.  I'm not associated with the meeting but am willing to work with anyone willing to help get the word out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Found a good video that we've been sharing. Praying this helps

How Oregon Voters are Being Misled by Ballot Measure 114
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 8:59:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Piratepast40] [#4]
Yesterdays debate: link

Hasn't made it to youtube yet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Little more than a week left.  We need to get out the vote.  Call friends, family, co-workers, anyone that will listen.  We have a real opportunity to change Oregon politics as well as kill Measure 114.  I'll have a STOP 114 table at the Hillsboro gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend.  Stop on by.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JD42:
Down side off the courts it’s it could be 10 years or more before a final ruleing. And that’s only if the Supreme Court takes the case.
View Quote

An additional problem would be trying to get one of the liberal federal judges in California or Hawaii to overturn it, or to even deal with it in a timely manner so if upheld, it can be appealed to the Supreme Court.  It wouldn't surprise me if one of the liberal judges let the matter sit on his desk for as long as possible in order to leave it in effect as long as possible.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on the win today!
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
Congrats on the win today!
View Quote

Thanks, it's been a tough fight and there's more to come.  AG is appealing and is asking for the supremes to overturn St Raschio prior to the appeal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Any updates. Doubt OR supreme Court will allow measure 114 to go in effect till court judgement. Since they have refused to hear the case in the past.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's a link to the petition the state filed with the appellate court: M114 appeal

Would be a stretch for the supremes to intervene before it's heard by the appeals court.

Here's a link to the active discussion on NorthwestFirearms forum

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know the composition of the appellate court? I know the Governor owns the state Supreme Court judges. The 9th circuit certainly won’t be any help.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SpeyRod:
Does anyone know the composition of the appellate court? I know the Governor owns the state Supreme Court judges. The 9th circuit certainly won’t be any help.
View Quote

Not sure what you're looking for, but here's a link to the appellate court web site.

Appellate court judges for a particular case are selected from a pool, based on availability.  Oregon supreme court justices are elected.  They typically resign just before the end of their terms so that the governor can appoint a replacement.  The replacement then runs as an incumbent.  

It's hard to get a read on judges from the voters pamphlet because they typically don't have any information on their political affiliation.  They are supposed to be impartial.  We were able to elect a conservative judge last election, but it's really hard for them to campaign.  It really takes a sponsor or citizens group to get the information out to the voters.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

Not sure what you're looking for, but here's a link to the appellate court web site.

Appellate court judges for a particular case are selected from a pool, based on availability.  Oregon supreme court justices are elected.  They typically resign just before the end of their terms so that the governor can appoint a replacement.  The replacement then runs as an incumbent.  

It's hard to get a read on judges from the voters pamphlet because they typically don't have any information on their political affiliation.  They are supposed to be impartial.  We were able to elect a conservative judge last election, but it's really hard for them to campaign.  It really takes a sponsor or citizens group to get the information out to the voters.
View Quote

Thanks. I suspect the Oregon Supreme Court is a lost cause for us. There are still some good judges out there who believe in justice and the constitution. Sadly the majority are more interested in keeping their jobs and interest balancing. Unfortunately, interest balancing is always controlled by the majority party so there is no justice involved.

I am waiting to hear where this goes. My prediction is if the ruling is upheld it will go to the state Supreme Court where it will be interest balanced to death.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top