Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2022 3:21:55 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a Duracoat dealer in SE Wi?
Interwebs is showing Baraboo as the closest.
I thought CommiWorld ( camping world) used to carry it, but maybe I was wrong  
Does anybody have a contact?
I'm looking for the "at home" kit, as a $160 quote on a  beater 20ga Mossberg 500 is kinda spendy.
TIA
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I would rattlecan the shit out of it, and call it good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would rattlecan the shit out of it, and call it good.
View Quote

That is what I'm thinking...
Just don't know how well it will hold up for the abuse sessions it's going to receive.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I see Midway has the DuraCoat kits for $30.  I believe you'd need a cheap airless sprayer to apply though or a $10 Harbor Freight air brush.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought Duracoat at Midway USA for years, and I've also bought some directly from Lauer, the manufacturer (they're located in Chippewa Falls WI) when Midway didnt have a color i just had to have.

A word of caution....

After you do the Mossberg, you'll start buying lots of "junkers", just so you can fix them up, and "paint" them. It's addictive.. i've got a safe full of them.

Fwiw...I use an airbrush i bought way back in the 1980s to do lettering and custom paint on commercial trucks, and I did a few snowmobiles with it.

Also, don't waste money on their cleaner/degreaser. Non chlorinated brake cleaner from Walmart or Menards works just as good, if not better. Whatever you use to prep it, do it twice just to be sure. Proper cleaning and prep is the key to it adhering and staying on.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Take it apart, tape it off, spray it with brake cleaner and rattle can it.  I use the Krylon Ultra-Flat.  When it scratches, touch it up.  Easy and cheap.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top