Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2023 6:25:52 PM EDT
If I put in for an address change on my FID and put my PA address would nj issue me a card? I figure I already have the FID in nj because I lived/grew up there that I might as well keep it.

I've tried to Google it but have not come up with anything helpful.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no dumb questions only dumb laws and even dumber people that make the laws.

But I have no idea if that'll work or not.  In this retarded state, I always assume the answer is no until proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not?  NJ already issues FIDs to non-residents...  and your FID was already previously issued by the NJSP, who handle all out-of-state applications.  The change of address form IS an application for an FID, so I see absolutely no reason why they would deny.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
So what would happen if they did deny it? I guess I could call the Sussex barracks and ask the trooper in charge of firearms permitting and see what he says.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what would happen if they did deny it?
View Quote

SWAT team w/ no-knock warrant at 0330.  Put your dog in a kennel  
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what would happen if they did deny it?

I don't have a dog. They'd need to bring one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to apply for an address change but someone smarter than me want to help deciphering this:

Attachment Attached File

It says: If you do NOT reside in a NJ State Police coverage area, DO NOT enter NJSP ORI.

Then on the second line it says: Out of State residents who are NOT dual residents, MUST apply to a NJSP ORI.

So which is it? Do I apply to a NJSP Barracks or not?

The way I'm reading it is that since I don't live in NJ and don't have dual residency I'd apply to the nearest NJSP Barracks to me. Before I do this I'd like to know if my thinking is correct. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It says: If you do NOT reside in a NJ State Police coverage area, DO NOT enter NJSP ORI.

Then on the second line it says: Out of State residents who are NOT dual residents, MUST apply to a NJSP ORI.
View Quote

The first line starts out with, "If you are an NJ resident".  You're not - so skip this line.
You're an out-of-state resident, and you do NOT have dual residency...  so you MUST apply to an NJSP ORI.

Get the ORI of the closest NJSP barracks to your new abode, and go from there.

So yes - your thinking is correct.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The first line starts out with, "If you are an NJ resident".  You're not - so skip this line.
You're an out-of-state resident, and you do NOT have dual residency...  so you MUST apply to an NJSP ORI.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, that's what I thought but didn't want to fill it all out pay the extortion money and then find out I was wrong.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, it’s been two weeks since I put in for my address change and it’s been crickets from the state.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, it's been two weeks since I put in for my address change and it's been crickets from the state.
View Quote
Crickets from New Jersey sounds about right  I'm sure they'll eventually change your address. Have you gotten your PA carry license? I'm wondering how quick Pike county is now that more NJ people are applying for the PA license.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Crickets from New Jersey sounds about right  I'm sure they'll eventually change your address. Have you gotten your PA carry license? I'm wondering how quick Pike county is now that more NJ people are applying for the PA license.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, it's been two weeks since I put in for my address change and it's been crickets from the state.

I have not applied for my PA CCW yet. According to Pike County they suggest I wait 90 days after establishing residency before applying. I'm OK with it, I've waited several decades for CCW what's another 90 days. Besides I'm nearing 60 days since I moved so I've only got a few more weeks.

A buddy of mine said Pike is usually pretty quick about it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have not applied for my PA CCW yet. According to Pike County they suggest I wait 90 days after establishing residency before applying. I'm OK with it, I've waited several decades for CCW what's another 90 days. Besides I'm nearing 60 days since I moved so I've only got a few more weeks.

View Quote
Sixty days already? Time sure does fly. You'll have no problem getting your ccw from Pike, they are quick but have lately been hammered with all the recent applications from NJ residents. So at most you may have to wait a week after applying online or you could simply go down to the sheriff's office and apply in person. The woman there is great and the only hold up may be how long PIC's takes that day. In other words, you'll probably get your license issued in 15 minutes or less. Hope you get your updated NJ FID before you get your PA license.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sixty days already? Time sure does fly. You'll have no problem getting your ccw from Pike, they are quick but have lately been hammered with all the recent applications from NJ residents. So at most you may have to wait a week after applying online or you could simply go down to the sheriff's office and apply in person. The woman there is great and the only hold up may be how long PIC's takes that day. In other words, you'll probably get your license issued in 15 minutes or less. Hope you get your updated NJ FID before you get your PA license.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, May 10th will be 60 days.

I'm wondering if the update FID works have any bearing on getting my PA CCW. I don't think it would seeing how I'm a PA resident but I'm not sure, nj could be saying to urself bOh he moved to America and wants to enjoy his second amendment rights? Not if we have anything to say about it.'. Hopefully I hear something from the Sussex njsp barracks this week.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm wondering if the update FID works have any bearing on getting my PA CCW. I don't think it would seeing how I'm a PA resident but I'm not sure, nj could be saying to urself bOh he moved to America and wants to enjoy his second amendment rights? Not if we have anything to say about it.'. Hopefully I hear something from the Sussex njsp barracks this week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks like your FID address change has nothing to do with PA's requirements.

How Soon Can I Apply For Pennsylvania Gun Permit After Moving To The State?

You must live in Pennsylvania for at least ninety days before applying for a gun license in your local county.
link

I didn't find anything official about the 90 days requirement but then again I didn't really look too hard for it since I'm only on my first cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

link

I didn't find anything official about the 90 days requirement but then again I didn't really look too hard for it since I'm only on my first cup of coffee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How Soon Can I Apply For Pennsylvania Gun Permit After Moving To The State?

You must live in Pennsylvania for at least ninety days before applying for a gun license in your local county.
link

I figured it didn't I was being more rhetorical with it.

The way my buddy explained the whole 90 day thing to me is that it's more of a "suggestion" to wait 90 days. It doesn't bother me though, we're still not fully moved into the house; we're still dragging stuff from storage, the house is still wall to wall boxes of unpacked shit. So obtaining my CCW isn't currently high on the priority list right now. Hell...my ammo is still packed away and buried somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Deniability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured it didn't I was being more rhetorical with it.

The way my buddy explained the whole 90 day thing to me is that it's more of a "suggestion" to wait 90 days. It doesn't bother me though, we're still not fully moved into the house; we're still dragging stuff from storage, the house is still wall to wall boxes of unpacked shit. So obtaining my CCW isn't currently high on the priority list right now. Hell...my ammo is still packed away and buried lost somewhere.
Deniability.

Boating accident crossing the Delaware. Just as the founding fathers intended.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#18]
So I got a response from the njsp. They’re requiring a mental health check on an address change and need me to fill out additional paperwork.

What in the actual fuck?

Just got off the phone with the njsp because I didn’t understand this. I also didn’t know they automatically run mental health check’s automatically on nj residents every 90 days and since I moved out of state they need to do it manually now which is why I have to give them additional paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I got a response from the njsp. They’re requiring a mental health check on an address change and need me to fill out additional paperwork.

What in the actual fuck?

Just got off the phone with the njsp because I didn’t understand this. I also didn’t know they automatically run mental health check’s automatically on nj residents every 90 days and since I moved out of state they need to do it manually now which is why I have to give them additional paperwork.
View Quote

Never heard of this. How is that even possible or legal without consent?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What in the actual fuck?

The entire FID thing is unconstitutional as fuck. Everything nj does regarding our constitutional rights is illegal and unconstitutional and you’re questioning their running mental health checks automatically on FID holders?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#21]
End of week three on a fucking address change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top