Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2019 5:36:21 PM EDT
Will have 2 days at the start and one day at the end of a trip there in June...

Any must -do's  or things only locals know to enjoy to get out of the tourist spots?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:26:18 PM EDT
20 views, no replies?  C'mon lads....
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:01:54 PM EDT
Guinness factory and town bus tours.
Spend the rest of the time in Temple Bar.

That's all I remember of Dublin.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 2:16:17 PM EDT
I stayed in the City Center. Lots of good pubs. Gunniess tour is ok. I did a lot of drinking. Was fun to just walk pub to pub and see the area. Too bad, I'm going back May 5th.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:18:30 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dmb4765:
20 views, no replies?  C'mon lads....
View Quote
Seriously?  You post in the United Kingdom hometown forum and ask about another Country. It's like I post in your hometown forum and ask about visiting Calgary
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:56:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2019 11:53:02 AM EDT by Cargo]
Been there twice.  I really like the town.  Buy the Hop on/off bus tour.  Worth the money to hear the stories if you get a great driver.  
Hop on/off bus  there are two companies a Green color and Red color schemed Red vs Green.   Do mostly the same route if I remember correctly.
Along the route   Route Map
Kilmainham Gaol museum   I thought this was a very interesting look at the Uprising times.
Guiness tour and bar  I don't drink beer, so never went in.
Jameson tour and bar/tasting  One of my favorite stops, greatly improved from 2015 to 2018 visits.  Prices went up as well for tours though.
Temple Bar area, it is not just a single bar, the whole section of town is called Temple Bar.
Trinity College
National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology    I really liked this , free, alot of Viking artifacts.
St. Patricks Cathedral
Christ Church
and a ton of other stops.
Top Top