Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2020 7:51:32 PM EDT
Ohio born and raised driving to Jackson Wyoming.  While I don't have much extra time, I'm in for suggestions on must see's/do's.  I think we'll be going a bit out of the way to at least see devil's tower in the distance.

While I get closer, preplanned route is Kansas City, MO to Jackson.  I know pretty vague.  But nothing is set in stone.

Also, anything odd to be aware of law wise?  IE. Ohio has a "duty to inform" law.

Thanks in advance.  While I've been to many surrounding states, I'm looking forward to my first visit to Wyoming.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ohio born and raised driving to Jackson Wyoming.  While I don't have much extra time, I'm in for suggestions on must see's/do's.  I think we'll be going a bit out of the way to at least see devil's tower in the distance.

While I get closer, preplanned route is Kansas City, MO to Jackson.  I know pretty vague.  But nothing is set in stone.

Also, anything odd to be aware of law wise?  IE. Ohio has a "duty to inform" law.

Thanks in advance.  While I've been to many surrounding states, I'm looking forward to my first visit to Wyoming.
View Quote
You're going to love Wyoming! Can't wait to go back.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 2:07:19 AM EDT
[#2]
When are you coming out?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When are you coming out?
View Quote
Now!  Well, I'm in Kansas ATM.  Stopped for gas.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When are you coming out?
Bit of snow coming in now, but weather is warm.

make sure you get out on the elk refuge to do the sleigh ride.

The National Museum for Wildlife Art has some spectacular work if you're up for it, great views of the refuge.

Go down the Gros. Ventre Road towards the town of Kelly. You will see moose in the river, elk on the hills, coyotes in the fields, maybe buffalo. May get a chance at seeing a wolf too.

You could snowshoe to Taggart Lake if you want to. Can rent snow shoes from Teton Mountaineering or Skinny Ski's

Best steak is at the Gun Barrel if you're looking for a good dinner. Lots of other restaurants in town. Best brewery is Snake River Brewery. Awesome wings.

Snow King has tubing and the cowboy coaster if you have kids and need to kill a bit of time.

Where are you staying? In Jackson or Teton Village?
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got here.  Staying in Jackson, snowboarding at Teton for 3 days.   Amazing views so far!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]
The view this morning was almost nonexistent.  Makes for a sketchy run when you have no idea where you're going and you can'tAttachment Attached File
see either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]
@mdguy90 took your advice on the drive.  Very cool, saw a small heard of about 80-100 elk, two moose and a few buffalo.  All in about a 15 to 20 minute drive.

Made our trip!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@mdguy90 took your advice on the drive.  Very cool, saw a small heard of about 80-100 elk, two moose and a few buffalo.  All in about a 15 to 20 minute drive.

Made our trip!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/89127/77036_jpeg-1301087.JPG
View Quote
and just to think that’s where I send the tourists.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Also did you go see the bighorn sheep?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not yet.  I heard they are out there.  Hoping to see more wildlife, but 6-8 hours per day on Teton is exhausting.  I guess there's always the drive home.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not yet.  I heard they are out there.  Hoping to see more wildlife, but 6-8 hours per day on Teton is exhausting.  I guess there's always the drive home.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s another 20 minute drive. Go down East Broadway all the way to the end and you’ll see the elk refuge road. Drive down that 2 miles to the butte and they’ll be there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top