Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2019 9:47:17 PM EDT
I lived here in the 70's-80's.
This place has gone full retard and has become a scaryass shithole.

Weirdo's and homeless everywhere.
Anti Trumpers doing a honk and wave on Coburg Rd by the Ferry St Bridge. Wife unit gave them the finger.
Can't get out of here quick enough.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I lived in that area in the late 70's until 1990 before moving out to the N. Rockies.  Eugene was Grateful Dead country but none of the crap that's going on now.

Being an OSU grad I'd like to come back one more time to see friends and campus before writing off any further visits to the Willamette Valley.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Eugene is a wild place. I think maybe I've been up there twice since Trump got elected, the extent of that was hauling cattle to the auction then going to that donut shop on 99. Do they have any of the antifa shit going on like Portland does?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think so(antifa). The whole place and everyone here is Anti-American so there is no opposition to be anti against. It's the most unfriendly place I've been in a decade.
Alton Baker Park has become a shrine to every America hating liberal cock gobbler known to man.

It's still hippie but has a very dangerous vibe of desperation now.

Leaving today.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Gas is 1.00 per gallon cheaper in Northern Idaho than in the Willamette Valley.... just sayin.

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve never seen a BFL here in Eugene but I do see a surprising amount or Orygun  stickers with AR’s on them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never seen a BFL here in Eugene but I do see a surprising amount or Orygun  stickers with AR's on them.
View Quote
I have had one on my rig for years.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone local to me rocks a BFL on an older minivan.

About the only one I have seen in lane county
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys talk like it is a communist wasteland.

I have lots of family in Lane County, Eugene and Florence.  I grew up in Florence.  I realize it is not quite the same place as the 1970s, but all of my family are gun nuts and conservatives.  Every time I visit, I carry openly because Oregon does not recognize my state's license.  Nobody hassles me, even in Eugene.  I remember being at a restaurant with family surrounded by (literally) hippy looking folks with braided long hair, tie dye shirts, and roman sandals.  We were making jokes that one of them was probably a professor over at OSU.  But nobody even looked at me askance for carrying a holstered pistol openly on my belt.

I have had nothing but good experiences when visiting.

There is a live and let live vibe that I don't seem to find anywhere else, and I have been a lot of places.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 I remember being at a restaurant with family surrounded by (literally) hippy looking folks with braided long hair, tie dye shirts, and roman sandals.  We were making jokes that one of them was probably a professor over at OSU.
View Quote
The university in Eugene is the UO (University of Oregon) vs OSU (Oregon State University) that's in Corvallis, OR an hours drive to the north.

The hippy looking folks are at UO, the farmers/ranchers/foresters/engineers etc. are at OSU since its an ag college vs a liberal arts one that UO is. I didn't see a single OSU prof with braided long hair, tie dye shirts, and roman sandals in my seven years there.

Since you grew up on the coast you should know that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread isn't slamming rural Lane Co outside the Eugene city limits.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The university in Eugene is the UO (University of Oregon) vs OSU (Oregon State University) that's in Corvallis, OR an hours drive to the north.

The hippy looking folks are at UO, the farmers/ranchers/foresters/engineers etc. are at OSU since its an ag college vs a liberal arts one that UO is. I didn't see a single OSU prof with braided long hair, tie dye shirts, and roman sandals in my seven years there.

Since you grew up on the coast you should know that.
View Quote
LOL!  Yep, sorry.  It's been a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top