Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2023 8:26:37 PM EDT
Hello My ARFcom Brothers to the West!

I'm traveling from Texas to Arizona in a few days (driving) and I'll be crossing New Mexico a couple of times (round trip).

From the N.M. HTF Sticky (which is a bit dated) it said that New Mexico considers your vehicle an extension of your residence and thus carry of a loaded pistol is legal.

Just want to double check from Those in the Know if this still correct - Legal to have a loaded pistol in your vehicle. (the Legal thread last update was 2022?

I know Texas & Arizona both have full on "Constitutional Carry" (so no issues in TX or AZ) but I wanted to know what might be "gotcha's" if I keep a loaded S&W in my back pack / travel bag while driving across N.M.

Thanks for your help & best wishes to All!
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks - I'm staying on the interstate as it is a work trip & not play time to roam in the outdoors.

Glad my pistol can keep me company on the trip without legal hassle in the "Land of Enchantment".

I've got to run along the South Border in Texas through El Paso, so I'd much rather be safe than sorry.

Just a quickie - what are the slope / grades on I-10?  El Paso / Las Cruces / Tucson  -   Steep or Modest or nearly Flat?

I'm pulling a boat back and just curious if I should figure on some slow going towing up a bunch of steep hills.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It's pretty flat from El Paso to the AZ border. It's been a long time since I went through AZ that way, but it is flat as well with the exception of a short stretch IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top