User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watched Steve Bannon's podcast today because he had guests on that were focused on the PA senate race. First was McCormick (by phone) and I promptly muted the TV audio. Next was Jack Posobiec. Barnette sent him her military records because being a Navy veteran, she thought he'd be in a position to help push back against the brietbart piece. He basically stated the criticism of her record was a nothing-burger.

Then there was a Trump lawyer who was promoting Oz because of Trump's endorsement and the consensus is that Lt. Gov. Fetterman is coming on strong and the republican party needs someone who can beat him in the general election and that person is Oz.

Bannon almost made me blow lunch. He sheepishly abstained from "almost" expressing whom he favors, but nevertheless echoed the Trump lawyer's position and then, as he did when Posobiec was on air, kept stating that Barnette hasn't been "properly vetted" based upon some of the criticism that was being leveled at her on Hannity's show and elsewhere. What put me over the edge was that Posobiec mentioned how his team at Human Events scoured all 1600 Oz episodes and not once did they find an example of Oz being aligned with Trump on any issue. So the fact that Barnette hasn't been "properly vetted" = bad, but somehow in 1600 episodes of Dr. Oz and not finding one issue where he was aligned with Trump = ok?

Not just that. They made much of the fact that Barnette is being promoted with TV ads by https://www.clubforgrowth.org/ which they claim is an "establishment" organization opposed to Trump's policies. I don't know enough about them to offer an opinion. They mentioned that Club for Growth supported Josh Mandel in Ohio, who lost to Trump endorsed JD Vance, and thus Club for Growth is only supporting Barnette to engage in a "proxy war" with Trump whom they have been at odds with since Trump was in office.

This also implies that in accepting aid from Club for Growth that Barnette perhaps isn't really MAGA

Also interviewed was (former) Amb. Rick Grenell who is working with Trump's team on the endorsements. Said they dug up some tweets wherein she made some homophobic remarks and other comments that were anti-Islam inferring that she may be religiously intolerant.

So, it appears Trump is being "pragmatic" with respect to whom he is endorsing.
View Quote

Rich Zeoli (Philly talk radio guy) had Barnette on on Thursday.

He questioned her directly re .mil, job history, etc.

I was getting ready to vote for her before listening to that interview.

There was a lot of Ralph Kramden esque hammina, hammina, hammina in her answering the questions.

Two examples:

.mil and do you have a DD 214?

“I don’t carry my records around with me……” Eventually got around to say yes.

You were a college prof. When?

“I don’t remember exactly.”

Really?

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There was a lot of Ralph Kramden esque hammina, hammina, hammina in her answering the questions.

Two examples:

"I don't carry my records around with me" Eventually got around to say yes.

"I don't remember exactly."

Really?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watched Steve Bannon's podcast today because he had guests on that were focused on the PA senate race. First was McCormick (by phone) and I promptly muted the TV audio. Next was Jack Posobiec. Barnette sent him her military records because being a Navy veteran, she thought he'd be in a position to help push back against the brietbart piece. He basically stated the criticism of her record was a nothing-burger.

Then there was a Trump lawyer who was promoting Oz because of Trump's endorsement and the consensus is that Lt. Gov. Fetterman is coming on strong and the republican party needs someone who can beat him in the general election and that person is Oz.

Bannon almost made me blow lunch. He sheepishly abstained from "almost" expressing whom he favors, but nevertheless echoed the Trump lawyer's position and then, as he did when Posobiec was on air, kept stating that Barnette hasn't been "properly vetted" based upon some of the criticism that was being leveled at her on Hannity's show and elsewhere. What put me over the edge was that Posobiec mentioned how his team at Human Events scoured all 1600 Oz episodes and not once did they find an example of Oz being aligned with Trump on any issue. So the fact that Barnette hasn't been "properly vetted" = bad, but somehow in 1600 episodes of Dr. Oz and not finding one issue where he was aligned with Trump = ok?

Not just that. They made much of the fact that Barnette is being promoted with TV ads by https://www.clubforgrowth.org/ which they claim is an "establishment" organization opposed to Trump's policies. I don't know enough about them to offer an opinion. They mentioned that Club for Growth supported Josh Mandel in Ohio, who lost to Trump endorsed JD Vance, and thus Club for Growth is only supporting Barnette to engage in a "proxy war" with Trump whom they have been at odds with since Trump was in office.

This also implies that in accepting aid from Club for Growth that Barnette perhaps isn't really MAGA

Also interviewed was (former) Amb. Rick Grenell who is working with Trump's team on the endorsements. Said they dug up some tweets wherein she made some homophobic remarks and other comments that were anti-Islam inferring that she may be religiously intolerant.

So, it appears Trump is being "pragmatic" with respect to whom he is endorsing.

Two examples:

"I don't carry my records around with me" Eventually got around to say yes.

"I don't remember exactly."

Really?

I listened to the interview that morning on the ride to work. She came across as unimpressive. Best case, she was terribly unprepared and unpolished. Worst case, she is a liar who is just playing the same role as every other professional politician. I would really have a tough time voting for her after hearing that interview. It was pretty awkward toward the end.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I listened to the interview that morning on the ride to work. She came across as unimpressive. Best case, she was terribly unprepared and unpolished. Worst case, she is a liar who is just playing the same role as every other professional politician. I would really have a tough time voting for her after hearing that interview. It was pretty awkward toward the end.
View Quote

Yeah, Steve Deace interviewed Barnette last week. I was looking forward to hearing that interview, but it was pretty lackluster. Unimpressive was a good way to describe it.

Steve Deace still seemed to like her as a candidate, and I think he's a smart guy and respect his opinion even if I don't always agree with him. I'll probably still go with her but it's really just for lack of a better option.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, I'm going to stick with Barnette at this point, but this is just a primary. If she doesn't get it, it will be Oz or McCormick. All the questions that were asked about her are answered on her senate website, I just don't like the smear campaign tactics by Oz so I just fold my arms and stand firm.

https://barnetteforsenate.com/things-you-want-to-know/
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn’t it amazing to see how different reality is outside the internet echo chambers?

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
At least we have Mastriano. The media around here really hates him. I think that they might be scared.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At least we have Mastriano. The media around here really hates him. I think that they might be scared.
View Quote

That’s a good thing!

I think the establishment GOP is afraid of him too!
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#8]
it looks like Oz might have it, there will be a recount but it looks like it might go to Oz. It's going to be hard to get behind him but not as hard as getting behind McCormick. I hope Trump is right about Oz.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This the core issue. Oz was never a conservative. He compromised his principles and sold his soul to get Trump's endorsement.

I suppose this is another one of Trump's "famous deals", an endorsement in exchange for a MAGA imprimatur because Oz had no conservative credentials. Trump's endorsement is supposed to somehow endear him to Trump's base.

And how did so many of Trump's "excellent, fantastic and every superlative in the dictionary" chosen ones pan out (Jim Mattis, John Kelly, McMaster, Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, Bill Barr, and Mark Esper ad nauseum)?

Anyone want odds as to how long the Trump / Oz honeymoon will last?
View Quote

My thoughts exactly!  

Trump has been the best president in my lifetime - except for that whole bump stock BS…

I do see the irony of a guy that had a tv show where the catch phrase is “you’re fired” because he wanted good people around him. But damn, the people he surrounded himself with during his presidency, and this Oz charlatan….man, I just don’t know?

Note: this is just what I heard about his tv show. I never watched it.  I ditched cable quite a while ago.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm cautiously optimistic that Oz or McCormick have to be better than Toomey.

Worst case our nominee crashes and burns, then we end up with Fetterman for life.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm cautiously optimistic that Oz or McCormick have to be better than Toomey.

Worst case our nominee crashes and burns, then we end up with Fetterman for life.
View Quote

Well, he did just have a stroke…..
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#13]
McCormick declined the recount: Every recount so far didn't reverse the Election results.

So it is going to be Doctor Osmium versus whatever the Democraps send.

Chalk up another win for Uncle Trump.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#14]
So, a clean sweep for Fetterman.

He doesn't seem that bad, but I haven't been looking closely at state politics.  What am I missing?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Fetterman doesn't seem that bad?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Spider [and anyone else] - if you can't articulate a response, I'll have a great deal of trouble taking your concerns seriously.

What positions or policies do you object to?

Honestly, most of this is moot, as Fetterman is going to win the election.  It isn't as if a used fart could lose to Oz.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Spider [and anyone else] - if you can't articulate a response, I'll have a great deal of trouble taking your concerns seriously.

What positions or policies do you object to?

Honestly, most of this is moot, as Fetterman is going to win the election.  It isn't as if a used fart could lose to Oz.
View Quote

Well let's just roll right down the list of his positions on his own website shall we...

https://johnfetterman.com/issues/

Wants $15/hr minimum wage.
Healthcare is a fundamental human right.
Climate change is an existential threat.
Weed should be legal nationwide.
Immigration is what makes America. While it doesn't say this, it's pretty safe to assume he's cool with illegal immigration.
Pro BLM.
A woman's "right" to an abortion is sacred.
LGBTQIAWTFBBQ+

Doesn't sound that bad huh?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/decision-2022/uvalde-shooting-what-pa-s-senate-gov-candidates-say-about-guns/3251829/

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate:
"Gisele and I are devastated for the victims at Robb Elementary, and for the parents and families experiencing horrific pain. Enough is enough. It’s long past time for Congress to act. If I’m your next U.S. Senator, I would support common-sense reform like universal background checks for all gun sales and a ban on military-grade assault weapons and high capacity magazines."
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Joe - thank you.  **THAT** is a deal breaker.  I came from Mass, land of mag bans etc.  It's crap.  I don't want it here.

I can't give an item by item response to the person who just listed Fetterman's platform, but since he made no effort, and the points are moot...no point in purse swinging on the intertubes.  No, I actually support several of his points - but now 'no fun guns' is a killer.  

Too bad the (r) party can't get past the recent foolishness and get a new leader who can LEAD.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Joe - thank you.  **THAT** is a deal breaker.  I came from Mass, land of mag bans etc.  It's crap.  I don't want it here.

I can't give an item by item response to the person who just listed Fetterman's platform, but since he made no effort, and the points are moot...no point in purse swinging on the intertubes.  No, I actually support several of his points - but now 'no fun guns' is a killer.  

Too bad the (r) party can't get past the recent foolishness and get a new leader who can LEAD.
View Quote

If that's your only deal-breaker with that guy you should have stayed in MA.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I thought this was supposed to be a gun forum, not a Trump forum.

Your shit heel lost.  Then committed treason.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Pennsylvania Democrat John Fetterman Calls to Abolish Filibuster to Pass Gun Control

Fetterman, the state's lieutenant governor, said, "Democrats in the Senate need to scrap the filibuster and immediately pass common-sense reform like universal background checks for all gun sales and a ban on military-grade assault weapons and high capacity magazines."
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought this was supposed to be a gun forum, not a Trump forum.

Your shit heel lost.  Then committed treason.
View Quote

Lol

Ok.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like Oz isn't doing so well in the polls. PA may have 2 Dem senators soon.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like Oz isn't doing so well in the polls. PA may have 2 Dem senators soon.

View Quote

And yet I think almost every person I know of who voted for Oz did it because "he's got the name recognition that he can win in the general"...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top