Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2021 3:14:43 PM EDT
So I am looking at a solo trip down to Phoenix. I got flight and rental car figured out. I am wondering if any of you have any insite to downtown Phoenix. I see the whole area is broken down in a bunch of neighborhoods. I am more wondering what part should I NOT stay in. I.E north side or east side. I just don't wanna get a room in the "ghetto". lol
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck with downtown...i stay away from all downtowns, so i dont have your answer, is there a reason you want downtown? Just convenience?

My recommendation would be to stay northeast from downtown. North of camelback and east of 24th st, its a short drive on the 51 to downtown and the airport. Its probably gonna be a bit pricey though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I work daily in downtown Phoenix (the actual downtown area). All the hotels are safe. All the areas that exhibit any protesting are quite a way away from where any decent hotel is. If you're really paranoid just pick something on the north side of Adams or higher.

If you are coming in February there is a new hotel opening downtown. If you're looking for somewhere in the rest of the valley it can vary. PM if you need any help or anything. I've been here long enough to know the shit areas.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work daily in downtown Phoenix (the actual downtown area). All the hotels are safe. All the areas that exhibit any protesting are quite a way away from where any decent hotel is. If you're really paranoid just pick something on the north side of Adams or higher.

If you are coming in February there is a new hotel opening downtown. If you're looking for somewhere in the rest of the valley it can vary. PM if you need any help or anything. I've been here long enough to know the shit areas.
View Quote

This.

Phx downtown is one of the cleaner, less crowded downtown's I have ever been to.  Used to work near the downtown ASU campus.  The hotels are all nicer business class ones.  Some good food and beer in that area too!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:24:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I appreciate the replies. I specifically wanna stay downtown because I like to be able to just step outside and walk to a bunch of stuff. I am only going for 4 days in March. I actually found a few AirBnbs right downtown I think I am going to go with.

Edited for typos
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Downtown proper is actually very nice, very safe, and very clean.  Go 1 mile in any direction you're in some pretty terrible areas.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Downtown proper is actually very nice, very safe, and very clean.  Go 1 mile in any direction you're in some pretty terrible areas.
View Quote

It's funny how that is. Some areas it is literally 1 block and it's a world of diff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top