Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2020 4:49:36 PM EDT
Don't use them for anything in Deptford.  They consider this an acceptable pin and weld job.  My brother used them

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s a whole lotta nope.

Mail your shit to Hemcon9. He is near Doylestown Pennsylvania. Immaculate work. Reasonably priced considering the quality of his work. Hell of a nice guy.

He would cringe if he saw that.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks expensive. Did they offer to replace the brake? Looks pitted. Glad to see you on here it's been a minute since we talked.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:
That’s a whole lotta nope.

Mail your shit to Hemcon9. He is near Doylestown Pennsylvania. Immaculate work. Reasonably priced considering the quality of his work. Hell of a nice guy.

He would cringe if he saw that.

View Quote

I told my brother to send it to ADCO but he didn't listen.  This is the end result
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BigRaccoon:
That looks expensive. Did they offer to replace the brake? Looks pitted. Glad to see you on here it's been a minute since we talked.
View Quote

I don't know if they offered to replace it or what.  He's stopped responding to my messages.  Just figured I'd warn everyone of that shop
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, that's terrible, even for my standards. I have never heard of the place so I did a search on google, the location looks to be Ed Tarpy's old place. ( some here know what I am talking about )

Thanks for the heads up. I hope your Brother gets the issue resolved.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
WOW. i remember the first time i welded something..........
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
U sure that's not a factory stag...

I use Lou's in Raritan, they do a fantastic job for a reasonable price it's very hard to find where it was welded on most I've seen.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By scatterbrains:
U sure that's not a factory stag...

I use Lou's in Raritan, they do a fantastic job for a reasonable price it's very hard to find where it was welded on most I've seen.
View Quote

It's a BCM
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn,  terrible work.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 2:38:57 AM EDT
[#11]
He should have used a tig welder to hit the pin.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 57man:
He should have used a tig welder to hit the pin.
View Quote

i've used a MIG many times with great results.

that is the simple result of not having any fucking clue how to weld.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Hemcon9 is the man!!
Awesome guy and he does great work!!
Highly recommended!

Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:
That’s a whole lotta nope.

Mail your shit to Hemcon9. He is near Doylestown Pennsylvania. Immaculate work. Reasonably priced considering the quality of his work. Hell of a nice guy.

He would cringe if he saw that.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Damn, that's terrible, even for my standards. I have never heard of the place so I did a search on google, the location looks to be Ed Tarpy's old place. ( some here know what I am talking about )

Thanks for the heads up. I hope your Brother gets the issue resolved.
View Quote

I went into Arsenal twice to look around. All of the pistols were some brand I never heard of and I think a Hi Point would have been a better choice.  He had 1 or 2 ARs there and a bunch of older looking mil-surplus stuff. I asked if he ever gets Ruger MKII or III in there and he didn't know what they were.  Just my opinion but I think he's your typical gun show vendor fudd trying to make a business out of a hobby. I was not impressed at all.

We have nothing in Camden and Gloucester Counties so I had high hopes when the shop opened but I still have to go to Bordentown if I want to deal with knowledgeable people.

ETA: Yes, Ed's old place.  To be fair, the owner was a nice guy though and pleasant to talk to .
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bullseye100:

I went into Arsenal twice to look around. All of the pistols were some brand I never heard of and I think a Hi Point would have been a better choice.  He had 1 or 2 ARs there and a bunch of older looking mil-surplus stuff. I asked if he ever gets Ruger MKII or III in there and he didn't know what they were.  Just my opinion but I think he's your typical gun show vendor fudd trying to make a business out of a hobby. I was not impressed at all. 

We have nothing in Camden and Gloucester Counties so I had high hopes when the shop opened but I still have to go to Bordentown if I want to deal with knowledgeable people. 

ETA: Yes, Ed's old place.  To be fair, the owner was a nice guy though and pleasant to talk to .
View Quote

What kinda milsurp stuff we talking about.....
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By scatterbrains:

What kinda milsurp stuff we talking about.....
View Quote

Honestly, I don't have a clue.  I'm a pistol guy and the last person on earth to claim to be rifle knowledgeable. Sorry I can't help you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#18]

I went into Arsenal twice to look around. All of the pistols were some brand I never heard of and I think a Hi Point would have been a better choice.  He had 1 or 2 ARs there and a bunch of older looking mil-surplus stuff. I asked if he ever gets Ruger MKII or III in there and he didn't know what they were.  Just my opinion but I think he's your typical gun show vendor fudd trying to make a business out of a hobby. I was not impressed at all. 

We have nothing in Camden and Gloucester Counties so I had high hopes when the shop opened but I still have to go to Bordentown if I want to deal with knowledgeable people. 

ETA: Yes, Ed's old place.  To be fair, the owner was a nice guy though and pleasant to talk to .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bobby_the_Hun:
Damn, that's terrible, even for my standards. I have never heard of the place so I did a search on google, the location looks to be Ed Tarpy's old place. ( some here know what I am talking about )

Thanks for the heads up. I hope your Brother gets the issue resolved.

If you're looking for a gunshop in Gloucester County, Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro is good to go, his prices
may be a bit higher, but he has good inventory and CS ( before the covid-19 fiasco ) Not sure what his inventory looks like now. ( I assuming you have not been there )

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bobby_the_Hun:

If you're looking for a gunshop in Gloucester County, Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro is good to go, his prices
may be a bit higher, but he has good inventory and CS ( before the covid-19 fiasco ) Not sure what his inventory looks like now. ( I assuming you have not been there )

View Quote

I've been to Bob's in the past.  Their staff is nice but they seem set in their ways.  I asked for a recommendation once and both Bob and an employee had one opinion and that's all that seemed to matter.  No second or third choice. Seemed like his way or the highway.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I've mailed my uppers to ADCO and gotten them back in about a week. I might try CDI in PA if he's still doing it for my next one.

Anyone know what happened to Deuce's Den? I think Jeff was retired and kind of did it as a hobby, but I noticed maybe a year ago it isn't opened any more.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top