Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2023 11:06:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 2:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for keeping hometown informed on these things. I either see it here first, or I wouldn't have seen it, period.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for keeping hometown informed on these things. I either see it here first, or I wouldn't have seen it, period.
View Quote

It was posted on KTVB a few days ago.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Senator contacted. Voiced opposition and a request to censure the RINO that introduced it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
A similar bill was introduced years ago. Not Californians then. Idaho farm backing. Cheap labor…
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A similar bill was introduced years ago. Not Californians then. Idaho farm backing. Cheap labor…
View Quote

Ah, that answers my question.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Did this pass ?

If it did the next step is to allow them to vote in local election .

You guys need to fight this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#7]
This along with "ranked choice" voting and open primaries will have Idaho looking like Colorado, Oregon, and Washington very soon. Fight this dogshit now or lose what we've got.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This along with "ranked choice" voting and open primaries will have Idaho looking like Colorado, Oregon, and Washington very soon. Fight this dogshit now or lose what we've got.
View Quote

This right here. There are R (in name only) senators and representatives that would vote for ranked choice in a heart beat. This is a big push by the Democrats and the shit group Reclaim Idaho. Keep your ear on the rail.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This right here. There are R (in name only) senators and representatives that would vote for ranked choice in a heart beat. This is a big push by the Democrats and the shit group Reclaim Idaho. Keep your ear on the rail.
View Quote

Reclaim Idaho? Did it used to be blue? Fuck those assfuckers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm having dinner with Russ in a couple weeks, I'll ask him what's going on with the bill from OP. Any other questions I should throw his way?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm having dinner with Russ in a couple weeks, I'll ask him what's going on with the bill from OP. Any other questions I should throw his way?
View Quote

Property tax?
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Property tax?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Property tax?

What about it?

Mine's gone down two times in three years, despite my property assessment doubling. Our timbered land is practically tax-free now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What about it?

Mine's gone down two times in three years, despite my property assessment doubling. Our timbered land is practically tax-free now.
View Quote

Mine's gone down a very small bit once. It's trending a tad bit upward, you might say.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I give it three years before Kalifornians get into politics in Idaho. Just like they did in Colorado, Washington State, Oregon and New Mexico. Next in line will be Oklahoma and Texas. Antigun pro LGBTQ++. These Magots are also for sexually abusing our Children. Gads I miss Trump!
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I give it three years before Kalifornians get into politics in Idaho. Just like they did in Colorado, Washington State, Oregon and New Mexico. Next in line will be Oklahoma and Texas. Antigun pro LGBTQ++. These Magots are also for sexually abusing our Children. Gads I miss Trump!
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps, but I doubt it at this point. I'll continue to do so until I see things start to go the other way.

Here's the thing... Those of us who bothered to pack up our lives and relocate over ideological differences are not in the slightest bit interested in having to do it again. So we support the state legislature in their efforts to lock the place down (ideologically). The only way to do this is to make the place exceedingly inhospitable for the left:

1. Codify court precedent for self defense into state law (strengthening ISC 18-4009).
2. Civil immunity for lethal use of force in self-defense (ISC 6-808).
3. Cities can't levy taxes.
4. Cities with larger populations must have city council elections by district (downtown doesn't get to dictate the entire city council).
5. Constitutional carry.
6. Effectively ban abortion.

#3 and #4 are particularly strong for maintaining culture.

In short, we have looked at why the states you mentioned turned and have put these measures in place to mitigate that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I escaped Hellifornia.  I know so many people that are also political refuges who think exactly like me.  Most of us are Christians.  We are so dark red we are burgundy maroon.  

No illegal immigration
No legalized drugs
No legalized shoplifting
No legalized baby murder (abortion)
No unconstitutional anti-gun laws (almost all gun laws are unconstitutional)
No tolerance of sexual Satanist LGBTevil propaganda

Basically, no voting for any demoncrats and RINO republicans.

(Plus the other things wswartzendruber mentioned.)  

We are pissed and hate communism with every fiber of our being.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I escaped Hellifornia.  I know so many people that are also political refuges who think exactly like me.  Most of us are Christians.  We are so dark red we are burgundy maroon.  

No illegal immigration
No legalized drugs
No legalized shoplifting
No legalized baby murder (abortion)
No unconstitutional anti-gun laws (almost all gun laws are unconstitutional)
No tolerance of sexual Satanist LGBTevil propaganda

Basically, no voting for any demoncrats and RINO republicans.

(Plus the other things wswartzendruber mentioned.)  

We are pissed and hate communism with every fiber of our being.
View Quote

That’s good start, but I’ve become suspect of all Cali transplants as of late. Had a so called “conservative as they come” Cali transplant neighbor confront me recently for carrying my shotgun outside on my property and cycling the action in my garage(buddy brought it over for me to check out). Said it made them feel “uneasy” lmao.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Good.  You are right to be skeptical.  Make every Lucifornian prove themselves.   Challenge them on their attitudes to their face.  Even the good ones might have unrealized CA mind virus from that communist state.  You might be surprised at how the good ones will change their minds.  

You are not wrong.  

I would have said, “cool shotgun.”  Heck, I’m uncomfortable when people AREN’T armed.

Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That’s good start, but I’ve become suspect of all Cali transplants as of late. Had a so called “conservative as they come” Cali transplant neighbor confront me recently for carrying my shotgun outside on my property and cycling the action in my garage(buddy brought it over for me to check out). Said it made them feel “uneasy” lmao.
View Quote

Okay, yeah, that's not part of the plan. Whatever you do, do not adjust your behavior to accommodate him. It will send the message that we can be changed, and that's not on the menu.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good.  You are right to be skeptical.  Make every Lucifornian prove themselves.   Challenge them on their attitudes to their face.  Even the good ones might have unrealized CA mind virus from that communist state.  You might be surprised at how the good ones will change their minds.  

You are not wrong.  

I would have said, “cool shotgun.”  Heck, I’m uncomfortable when people AREN’T armed.

View Quote

Lucifornian, now that’s one I haven’t heard before haha. On the flip side, most of my buddies originally hailed from California. I guess time will tell with all of these new folks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Lucifornian.  My wife invented that term.  We hate CA and all it stands for with every fiber of our being.  Idaho is like heaven.  I will vote to keep it exactly like it is - free.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lucifornian.  My wife invented that term.  We hate CA and all it stands for with every fiber of our being.  Idaho is like heaven.  I will vote to keep it exactly like it is - free.
View Quote

When did you guys get here?
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#25]
June 6th.  Absolutely love Idaho.  Best decision of our entire lives.  I’m going to do everything in my power to make this NOT CA, OR, or WA.  

God has blessed ID.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
June 6th.  Absolutely love Idaho.  Best decision of our entire lives.  I’m going to do everything in my power to make this NOT CA, OR, or WA.  

God has blessed ID.
View Quote

We've been busy the past eight years I've been here getting this place nailed down.

Best not to start pulling nails and the left always wants to try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top