Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2021 5:47:31 PM EDT
Today would be a bad day to look like Taliban.  Spectre Gunship is doing T&Gs at BIL.

#planegeekthread
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
We had a P3 Orion flying around Great Falls today,I assume it's the Canucks again.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a gunship.
Trash hauler H model from the Mt ANG.
One of My Girls I crewed at Dyess in the '80's.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There were (what appeared to me) guns hanging out the left hand side and FLIR pod...do trash haulers really have that?

I'm used to seeing the 130s out of Great Falls doing T&Gs all the time, but this one was a different color scheme and had long black barrels sticking out the side.  I even looked through binos during one flyover.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What? I missed it
View Quote

P8 Poseidon earlier in the day, C-130 in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Remembered that I grabbed a pic of it as it was flying over.  I tried to zoom in well enough to see the howitzer and what appeared to be the FLIR

Full disclosure I’m not a professional avgeek, I just still get excited when I see something besides a 737 or Airbus.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We had a P3 Orion flying around Great Falls today,I assume it's the Canucks again.
View Quote

Any idea why we get so many Navy planes (F-18s, P8s) coming through here?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No clue even though I get pretty good intel from the son in law (at least what he can share with me) He is a navigator on the 130's stationed here. He told me the canucks use Great Falls as a refueling/rest stop when they are doing long range training with the P3's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top