Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2020 11:22:27 AM EDT
Was first on a waiting list for a limited gun. Imagine my surprise when I found them selling two of them on gunbroker despite being on their waiting list and never getting a call.

They also have a waiting list of 20 people waiting for Pythons and yet have sold 12 on gunbroker and filled none of those on the list.

When called on it one employee told me they “made a business decision” by not honoring their waiting list and later the owner flat out lied to me despite me knowing they sold guns I was waiting for on gunbroker instead.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
They probably got premium dollars on gunbroker.
It's a crappy move on their part.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Sportsman's Supply in Butler was well known for that for a while too. They had stuff in the case and on the rack there but they would refuse to sell to people walking in, wanted to sell it via online auctions.

Inventory-wise it's one of the better shops in my AO, but for years we stopped going there because their staff and practices were so shitty. Then a few months ago I was having my internet upgraded. Got to talking to guy doing the installation, turns out his son is supposedly taking over operations at the company. They apparently cleaned out a lot of their dead weight staff. He said they separated the in person inventory from the online inventory so they wouldn't be pissing people off anymore. I've been there in a couple times since. It does seem better.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a place in Lancaster County doing that as well, some very unhappy people. I don't go there anyway, last time I sold a gun a few months ago the buyer wanted to meet there and the transfer was $42.00.  Tried to go to Lanco Tactical nearby but the guy was set on that shop.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They probably got premium dollars on gunbroker.
It's a crappy move on their part.
View Quote
they used your money to purchase the guns and sold them on gunbroker for profit. demand your $ back and  don’t go back. C & D coin and gun shop in bethlehem is where you want to go for firearms. I been using them since 1994. Great people
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn’t pay up front, they didn’t ask me to but rather just put me on their “list”

I would never pay up front but would have given them a refundable deposit if they had asked but they didn’t.

I’ll have to check out C&D. My usual place is Boyers Hardware in Slatington
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sportsman's Supply in Butler was well known for that for a while too. They had stuff in the case and on the rack there but they would refuse to sell to people walking in, wanted to sell it via online auctions.

Inventory-wise it's one of the better shops in my AO, but for years we stopped going there because their staff and practices were so shitty. Then a few months ago I was having my internet upgraded. Got to talking to guy doing the installation, turns out his son is supposedly taking over operations at the company. They apparently cleaned out a lot of their dead weight staff. He said they separated the in person inventory from the online inventory so they wouldn't be pissing people off anymore. I've been there in a couple times since. It does seem better.
View Quote
Interesting to hear regarding Sportsman's Supply; they were my go-to shop for a lot of years. It's been a while since I've been there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top