Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2023 2:01:48 PM EDT
I looked at mine this morning and realized it had expired last October and went to the probate office.  Seventy-eight dollars later my application was complete.

If you renew within 90 days before expiration or 30 days after it only costs $30.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I need to change my CC over to Georgia from Oklahoma. Not sure the process for GA though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure it's full 78$ app n process. But ur OK should be good till new one shows
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to your county's Probate court website.  Most of them have instructions.  Or as stated above, just go there and ask.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need to change my CC over to Georgia from Oklahoma. Not sure the process for GA though.
View Quote

In GA, it is the Weapons Carry License.  There is no such thing as a CC here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Go to your local probate court and fill out a form then get fingerprinted. Pretty easy.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

In Walton County call the Probate Court’s Office and talk with the clerks. They will point you to their website to electronically fill out the application before you come in for pics, fingerprints and paying the fees. This will save you some time and aggravation.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clip, Magazine they both hold boolits.
??

Yeah I was letting that one slide but the WCL now is a lot more freedom compared to the Firearms Permit we had before.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
To be clear, I havent had a GA WCL since 2012. I think the whole idea is horseshit and if the only benefit it gives me is not having a background check on firearms purchases then I won't get another one. My FFL of choice bitches a wee bit about this but he'll survive.
View Quote

The only reason I will keep mine is for reciprocity in states that don't have permit-less carry and the whole skip the NICS check with FFL.  For $35 renewal for 5 years it's worth it to me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#10]
i got mine to expedite background check. it was a PITA to get it (dekalb) the first time, but whatever.

go to probate court site for deets, cuz dekalb is multiple steps and was confusing (i’m also not very smart)
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad this thread popped up, need to get mine renewed later this year now that I was prompted to look at the date.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
they wouldn't issue me one during covid, the offices were closed. It was before permitless carry. May have carried anyway. Whoops.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they wouldn't issue me one during covid, the offices were closed. It was before permitless carry. May have carried anyway. Whoops.
View Quote

IIRC the State extended WCL expiration dates because of the rona…however Walton kept rolling right along.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I got a call Tuesday that mine is ready.  A little over 2 weeks.  That's better than it used to be.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To be clear, I havent had a GA WCL since 2012. I think the whole idea is horseshit and if the only benefit it gives me is not having a background check on firearms purchases then I won't get another one. My FFL of choice bitches a wee bit about this but he'll survive.
View Quote

I hope your next transfer is delayed.

Sometimes the FBI NICS system is down, or can cause delays from minutes or days on a transfer. Thats why I recommend people keep them updated.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It also allows you to carry a knife with a blade over 12 inches concealed.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sometimes the FBI NICS system is down, or can cause delays from minutes or days on a transfer. Thats why I recommend people keep them updated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So as long as my knife blade is 12" exactly I'm good?
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top