Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2021 7:15:38 AM EDT
https://minocquabrewingcompany.com/

These guys set up a Super PAC and have filed a lawsuit to try and force mask mandates for school children for the entire state.

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/09/27/minocqua-brewing-company/

The Minocqua Brewing Company is raising money to pay for a class-action lawsuit “against every school board in Wisconsin that isn’t mandating masks for kids too young to get the vaccine” and “not following CDC guidelines.” That’s even though zero children ages 19 and under have died of COVID in Wisconsin – zero.
Kirk Bangstad, owner of the Minocqua Brewing Company and Super PAC and a failed Democratic candidate for state Assembly, announced the move in an incendiary Facebook post on Sept. 26, 2021. He claimed in the post that the effort has already raised $250,000 and found people willing to be plaintiffs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Bangsted is a full-blown liberal marxist. He ran for State Assembly 34th last fall, and got trounced 2-1. Most people up here know about his politics and boycott his brewery. His main clientele are fellow liberals, those who vacation in that area & summer residents, all who don't have a clue about him. His business got so bad that he closed his restaurant, claiming he had no help. Word is, nobody would work for him, even if they liberal leaning, because they'd get ostracized for it. He blamed the lack of employees on covid. He sold the restaurant portion to Woodfire Pizza, but still owns the brewery...his big seller is "Biden Beer".

Back during the election campaign, I was still a member on Facebook. I left Farcebook in January. He had a business page for his brewery and a campaign page. On his campaign page, I very respectfully asked him a simple question, "what is your stance on the 2nd Amendment". He ignored my question. So I asked it again. Again, crickets. A friend of mine from St Germain and a couple other local people jumped on it too. My grandson-in-law in Woodruff jumped on it. He finally replied by saying there was a pandemic ravaging the country, quit asking "trivial questions about unimportant matters". WHAT? His reply took more time to write than simply answering my question. I replied that as his potential constituent, and him my potential representative in state government, it wasn't for him to decide what I deemed to be important issues. That was my decision. He again would not answer my question, even after I rephrased it to only require a simple "yes or no" answer... "Do you support more stringent gun control laws?" Instead of answering, he blocked me. That was enough of answer.

He politicized his brewery FB page also. So I went over there and asked him 3 simple "yes or no" questions. "Do you support universal background checks? Do you support Red Flag laws? If there was a vote on the Assembly floor to repeal ccw, would you vote yes or no?" I added, as his potential constituents, the voters in the 34th district had a right to know these answers, as this is a VERY important issue to the majority here. I was blocked on that page within a half hour & that post was removed. So others asked the same questions, and without any replies whatsoever to them, he blocked them also.

He did everything he could to cover up his antigun stance. Because in a very pro gun district, he knew it would kill his election chances. Is it a very pro gun district? The State Senator who served this same area back during the fight for CCW a decade ago was Roger Breske, a Democrat. He was also the ONLY Democrat to sign on as co-sponsor of the both the Zien/Gunderson ccw bills that got vetoed by Doyle. And he voted to override twice also. The 34th Assembly Rep at the passage our current law was also a Dem, Jim Holperin... who was one of the very few Dems who also supported ALL the CCW bills put forth while he was in office.

Bangsted, whom I nicknamed "Bangstick", knew all this. After his loss, he referred to the voters who voted him down as "rednecks" "White supremacists / Nazis", and "dumb hillbillies". He vows to "liberalize" the Northwoods and eliminate the "Trumpists".
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, that guy is a true douche.  He was in my youngest sons class at SPASH.  An east coast transplant who went to Harvard (surprise?) and his big accomplishment there was he was on their glee club or choir or some such crap.  Biden beer.  Yeah, I'd put my money there all right.  I just don't understand why anyone with a lick of sense would set foot into his joint, esp. after the summer crowd leaves the area.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 I just don't understand why anyone with a lick of sense would set foot into his joint, esp. after the summer crowd leaves the area.
View Quote

The Minocqua area has a small enclave of libs. They're almost all retired hippie/Boomers who transplanted themselves there to retire. The old men with the grey haired ponytails, tie-dye shirts, and sandals - driving a Prius or a VW Bug - are easy to spot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard he did some sort of special Tony Evers beer.  No thanks, not supporting that crap.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I heard he did some sort of special Tony Evers beer.  No thanks, not supporting that crap.
View Quote

They carry it at discount.
There’s Biden, Harris, Bernie, Evers, Baldwin flavors.

My girlfriend and I were cracking up right in the middle of the store.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

My grandson-in-law, who lives in Arbor Vitae near Minocqua, posted on the brewery page on FB that the Evers beer "tastes like warm piss"... he got blocked.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I will stick to Potosi when I drink.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Nothing says woke like naming your only dark beer after your newest favorite “politician of color”. I think something like clueless Joe’s soiled depends stout would've been better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]
If I get a chance to go there, I'm doing an upper decker.
Urban dictionary is your friend if you are confused.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Make sure you are wearing a fuck biden shirt.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I will stick to Potosi when I drink.
View Quote
Or grow a set, be a real man, and drink whiskey.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to urban dictionary that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Or grow a set, be a real man, and drink whiskey.
View Quote

I drank for years, it wasn't pretty.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That also known as a stealth bomber.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to urban dictionary that.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

I use it occasionally in typical discussions regarding liberals.

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Remember, New Glarus Brewing is in the same class of liberalism.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#18]
https://www.channel3000.com/parent-sues-school-district-after-child-contracts-covid-19/

He's in on this also.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#19]
How could the kid get the rona - he was wearing the magical mask!  Good luck proving he actually contracted it at school.  Of course, the way these courts are run today, who knows what the outcome will be.  Be nice if Waukesha counter-sued and took the whole lot to the cleaners.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is why I brew my own. WI has some damn good breweries with some real shit-bag owners.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

No... Bangstad is in class (low) all of his own. He's the whiniest little bitch of a libturd I've ever seen.

But... OTOH, I've only set foot in Madistan twice in my life, and both times was at a CCW hearing/rally... and there weren't very many liberals in attendance, so I don't have much experience with them to compare him to.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Saw that, pissed me off. I will officially change my state in 8 days
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]
saw that nasty beer in a local coffee shop today.

Guess I won't be getting coffee from there anymore.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
saw that nasty beer in a local coffee shop today.

Guess I won't be getting coffee from there anymore.
View Quote

Be sure and let them know!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top