Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2022 10:35:50 AM EDT
I don't know anything about this case but figured it was worth posting here:

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about this case but figured it was worth posting here:

View Quote

So the 2nd circuit is failing to uphold NYSRPA vs. Bruen?

Bold strategy 2nd circus.

Doesn't matter anyway...when SAFE is overturned, we won't need "others."

Eta...I think this case needs to now be re-tried in light of NYSRPA. The decision/dismissal seems to have been made on other grounds.

So the plaintiffs need to send it back with NYSRPA as the argument.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
From Aimless in his GD thread on this case... ridiculous court is ridiculous...

"Owners sued in federal court and had their complaint dismissed sua sponte. That means the court dismissed the lawsuit on its own motion, which is extremely rare and usually reserved for cases that are clearly barred by law.

Owners appealed it and Appellate court ruled that when you sue over an illegal police action that has not occurred you basically have to show an imminent risk of being arrested. The Court ruled that merely being told in writing by the police that you will be arrested is an insufficient risk that you will actually be arrested and agreed with the lower court's dismissal"
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So the 2nd circuit is failing to uphold NYSRPA vs. Bruen?
View Quote
I wish I could say I was shocked ... but I am not. I fully expected the 2nd Circus to keep doing what it is doing regardless of the recent SCOTUS ruling including not issuing any injunctive relief against the new crop of clearly unconstitutional laws passed by the state. All they have to do is find some convoluted logic to bypass Bruen. They then allow the process to take years, and lots of money, to possibly get it to SCOTUS. I am sure the circuit courts are well aware that SCOTUS only takes a fraction of all the petitions sent to it every year. Perhaps the strategy will be to continue as-is and have plaintiffs inundate SCOTUS with petitions. Most of which will fail. Plus there is always the ongoing risk in a shake up of the court which could reverse Bruen.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard the case against Jerry's Guns was pushed back.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard the case against Jerry's Guns was pushed back.
View Quote

September 16, 2022.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top