Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/24/2019 8:58:32 PM EDT
I cannot find a list of those counties for anything.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there is a list available. You'll likely need to call the Sheriff's offices of the counties you're interested in to find out from them what their policies are are.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked into this back when I had one of my several RZR's. There's a few that allow them 'in the act of farming' i.e. going from one farm to another, checking cattle, etc. but I couldn't find anyone that would legally allow them on the roads for recreation.

Was also hearing sheriffs offices were cracking down on farmers who would use them to go to lunch, etc.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Iowa has no way to make an ohv legal for on road use. Some states do.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I might add that Davis county allows their use as well as some of the towns in the county too!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked into this back when I had one of my several RZR's. There's a few that allow them 'in the act of farming' i.e. going from one farm to another, checking cattle, etc. but I couldn't find anyone that would legally allow them on the roads for recreation.

Was also hearing sheriffs offices were cracking down on farmers who would use them to go to lunch, etc.
View Quote
That is State code.  Farming or animal husbandry from gate to gate.  Madison county allows ATV's if you get the County permit.  I assume other counties do something similar.

kwg
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Add Woodbury County to the approved list.  Board of Supervisors just approved them today.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Try contacting the Iowa OHV Association, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

https://iowaohv.org/
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try contacting the Iowa OHV Association, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

https://iowaohv.org/
View Quote
I didn’t know about them just signed up.
Thanks!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top