Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2019 10:57:46 AM EDT
I'm starting to plan for the engine swap I need to do for my Jeep and I have a couple questions about registration and emissions testing, especially seeing I plan to swap a small diesel into it.

What paperwork would I need to do to amend the registration and what would the emissions testing issues be ?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of anyone needing to do anything. Lots of hot rods running around.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
What year is the Jeep? No emission testing for 1974 & earlier. 75 and later, you go through DEQ if in the tri-county area.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What year is the Jeep? No emission testing for 1974 & earlier. 75 and later, you go through DEQ if in the tri-county area.
View Quote
It's a 2008 and it has to remain street legal as it is my daily driver
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
30 years ago I had a 78 VW transporter, the engine blew so I had an earlier model swapped in. I don't remember the year, but the first time I went through DEQ the guy told me I didn't have a catalytic converter.  I let him know that the engine didn't have one because it was a 1972(maybe) engine.  He said it didn't matter since the van was newer and required one.  So make sure the motor would pass DEQ, if not register it outside Metro or get a trip permit forever.  
No paperwork was required because of the new motor, but it did still have to pass DEQ for the year of the vehicle.  Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top