Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2021 2:03:04 AM EDT
My dream job is either SpaceX or knights armament corp.
I have worked at SpaceX as a contractor. I was there maybe a month and half before Elon pulled the contract with the contracting company I was working for.
 I mainly worked at pad 39a, near the fsb. We were helping set everything up for the pipelines from the balls to the pad. I also was lucky enough to spend a week at area 59. I assisted in the prep work to install the outer panels on a dragon capsule. Happiest week of my life other than my son's birth. I'd do anything to go back to work there.
 My dream job #1 (SpaceX is dream #2) is working for knights. I live about 30 mins south of them. I have applied in the past but my resume has zero firearm related jobs other than a Penn foster course I did on gunsmithing.
 Anyways, if any of you work at one of those two places, would you be willing to tell me what I need to do in order to get hired at one of them? I'd be willing to send you my resume. My current job pays decent and the benefits are decent but it's so mind numbingly boring. I paint cabinet parts. I've been painting for 20 years, off and on.
 Any help would be appreciated more than I could explain and I apologize and thank you for reading this long ass post lol
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#1]
KAC is hiring for a a lot of positions right now.

I probably should have completely read your post before responding.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAC is hiring for a a lot of positions right now.

I probably should have completely read your post before responding.
View Quote

They always seem to be hiring. I suspect its a lot of turnover due to high production mediocre wages. I have known a few people that have worked there that said it was kind of a shitty place to work unless you were in the upper crust. One was a manufacturing engineer that left out of frustration that said production was a total shit show.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked into working for kac.

Pay was shit for the requirements. Idk if that changed at all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#4]
The space companies like to hire a&p mechanics for techs, even better if you have space flight hardware experience.

Sometimes you can sneak in without it at some places at an entry level position with some mechanical technician background.

Space x has a job posting for a tile manufacturing tech right now if you haven't seen it yet. It's kinda composites and chemical related. Has some crazy schedule hours required.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I looked into working for kac.

Pay was shit for the requirements.
View Quote

Me too, plus I would prefer not to live on the East coast.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The space companies like to hire a&p mechanics for techs, even better if you have space flight hardware experience.

Sometimes you can sneak in without it at some places at an entry level position with some mechanical technician background.

Space x has a job posting for a tile manufacturing tech right now if you haven't seen it yet. It's kinda composites and chemical related. Has some crazy schedule hours required.
View Quote

I haven't seen that, thanks. I may look into applying again over the weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top