Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2020 1:02:11 PM EDT

Asking for a friend
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought I saw they are dropping doing that.

But technically it is still a federal offense to posses marijuana and a firearm. Or lie when buying one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Having a medical marijuana card prohibits you from owning or possessing a firearm. The Sheriff will pull your CCW. There is a section on the PSP website about it giving advice on how to properly dispose of firearms if you get a card. It's a felony to be caught with a firearm and a pot card. Also a felony to say on the 4473 saying you are not "an unlawful user" if you have the card. The state has it set so the pot cards are known and there really is no way to keep a CCW or legally buy a firearm. PICS check will show the person as prohibited. It sucks how the state is screwing people around over a federal law/requirement. Felony charge to try to be legal and only an unclassified misdemeanor for possession of a small amount.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Smoking marijuana is for degenerates. It makes you stupid, lazy, and hungry. It makes you a cuck. It probably makes you gay if you smoke enough.

All kidding aside, don't smoke weed.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having a medical marijuana card prohibits you from owning or possessing a firearm. The Sheriff will pull your CCW. There is a section on the PSP website about it giving advice on how to properly dispose of firearms if you get a card. It's a felony to be caught with a firearm and a pot card. Also a felony to say on the 4473 saying you are not "an unlawful user" if you have the card. The state has it set so the pot cards are known and there really is no way to keep a CCW or legally buy a firearm. PICS check will show the person as prohibited. It sucks how the state is screwing people around over a federal law/requirement. Felony charge to try to be legal and only an unclassified misdemeanor for possession of a small amount.
View Quote

Based on what my local fun shop keeper had to tell some degenerate the other day, this all seems correct.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with all that, but its still kind of dumb.

example.  Dude has a gun collection but likes to smoke.  Wife/girlfriend  has a weed card.  He keeps his guns.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree with all that, but its still kind of dumb.

example.  Dude has a gun collection but likes to smoke.  Wife/girlfriend  has a weed card.  He keeps his guns.

View Quote

Dude pisses off wife/girlfriend, she rats.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Well he would have lost his guns anyway.

What I'm trying to get at is it's just more government bureaucracy.

If somebody wants to buy weed then they just go buy weed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
The counties aren't checking the cardholders when they renew. I know several people with medical marijuana cards who have had their permits renewed. I don't know anyone who has lost their permit because of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top