Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2020 10:23:22 AM EDT
And is anyone interested in attending the Warfighter Challenege in Montana this summer?

Info in GD here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
This has interested me, considering where I live in NW ND I can practice a lot of land-nav on the National Grassland side.  Lots of open hiking
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#2]
@ben

How does one form a BB group for a new state?
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's a N.D. group, shouldn't there be an event in N.D. then?
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11C1P:
If it's a N.D. group, shouldn't there be an event in N.D. then?
View Quote

I'd hope you all put together many events. The one in Montana is a national event.

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mauser556:
@ben

How does one form a BB group for a new state?
View Quote

You start simply by finding two others to hike with. That is step one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ben:

You start simply by finding two others to hike with. That is step one.
View Quote

@Ben

Can i volunteer for support at the Montana event?

I'll see what I can do get a group started.  Between work schedule and where I'm at in the Bakken, its going to be a challenge.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]
@Ben

I've got a weekend off coming up from September 12-13.  If anyone is interested I can organize a hike off the Maah Daah Hey trail.  I'll scout out a section starting near the Noryh Unit of the Theodore Roosevelt National Park and look South.

Anyone interested in participating?  This could be a good way to start a Battle Buddies of North Dakota.  Can even invite others from South Dakota and Eastern Montana and Wyoming.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
@Mauser556

I might be able to get down for it. Maybe.

Going south on that trail may be tough unless you don’t mind backtracking.  But there’s some shorter 2ish mile trails just north of the river that might work.

Either way I’m down if I can get off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
@Mauser556

I might be able to get down for it. Maybe.

Going south on that trail may be tough unless you don’t mind backtracking.  But there’s some shorter 2ish mile trails just north of the river that might work.

Either way I’m down if I can get off.
View Quote

Its looking just to be me, though I just got put on a steroid pack due to allergies and asthma not mingling well.  O kinda scouted a trail that goes from a prairie dog area to the Ice Caves last weekend.  Might be fun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:55:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser556] [#10]
@lungbuster

I've decided to try this, granted short notice.  I want to start at the Ice Caves and Head north to where the trail meets at the forestry road 809 then head back.  Best way to get there is from country road 50 to 808 and head south on the dirt road ( Scairit Woman Road).  Skip the first forestry road and keeping south until you see a sign towards the Ice Caves.  There is a good size parking spot there.

I'm looking at being there at 9PM CST.

Ice Caves Trailhead, Maah Daah Hey Trail
Unnamed Road, Fairfield, ND 58627
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Fma2TBwXa44apCk56
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I know the area. I’ve hunted there a few times when I lived in killdeer. I’m thinking I’m not going to make it, the 496 is rigging in this weekend and I have to mess with that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like I'm going to have to cancel myself.   Been trying to sleep but keep coughing.   Asthma pit here sucks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:34:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I did a small practice hike today with ruck and AR.

I'm going to try for another BB hike out in the Badlands again and try to start one more time. I felt better and breathing was good.

Going to try for Sunday 9-20, 10PM, starting at the Magpie Trailhead and hike to the Ice Caves.  Should be an 8-9 mile loop hike.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
From the APC thread.

Looking to try and officially open the North Dakota chapter for an initial, yet small hike out in the National Grasslands in Western North Dakota.  Will be a one day hike starting from the Magpie Road trailhead and hiking to the Ice Caves loop and back.  Should be 8-9 miles total.

Meet time will be at 10:00AM CST with tge hike beginning at 10:30 on September 20th, Sunday

Maah Daah Hey Trail, Magpie Trailhead
Fairfield, ND 58627
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KeiHrEFpLtBRPooCA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top