Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2021 3:38:37 PM EDT
Want to ship a modern muzzeloader to CA. Can I follow US-wide laws/regulations or does CA have additional rules and restrictions?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've apparently violated a rule I am unaware of. Where did the post get moved to, please?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
In what forum did you originally post?  If GD, no rule was violated; a mod simply chose to move your thread of his own will.  You are in the California Hometown forum now (probably the best place to ask, though; in that sense, the mod kinda did you a favor).

Legal antiques, which include firearms that do not use fixed ammunition (such as the muzzle-loader in question), pre-1899 firearms (including cartridge firearms), and replicas of pre-1899 firearms that use cartridges not available through ordinary channels of commerce, do not require an FFL in CA.  They can be bought face-to-face or be shipped directly to the recipient's address, whether the transaction is intrastate or interstate.  The recipient also does not have to report it or register the firearm.

My first firearm was a muzze-loader I bought via mail-order from Cabelas when I was 11 or 12.  It went right to my house.  The laws here and Federally on the matter have not really changed since then.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to know.

...and, thank you Mod for the help.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Has "System" always been a time traveler?

That time stamp threw me off a bit. Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top