Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 5:27:30 PM EDT
Given everything going on and the potential of what might be coming down the pike, what are your thoughts on viability of living in Wisconsin? I've been looking at the northern parts of the state, but even then, you are still politically connected to Madison, Milwaukee, and essentially Chicago.

I know a few folks who are leaving for northern Idaho, others are going to Florida. I love WI and would be quite happy if they would let me live out my days unmolested in a tiny cabin up north, but that seems unlikely in any state controlled by the left. (With election fraud, we aren't getting control again ever. If we get an (R) it would be a controlled opposition candidate.)

What are your thoughts? Will they leave the rural areas alone, and if so, for how long? With the left giving people ten years in prison for goofy memes they posted five years ago, do you think they will allow uncooperative Sheriffs, Police Chiefs, Mayors, etc. to stay in power? We all remember the John Doe raids. That happened in a time when our state and the nation was relatively free. Imagine what they will do to us in the coming years.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple of years ago Washington was a "safe bet".

We are always one election away from tyranny.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've lived up north for 30 years now. Like most other residents up here that are not born here, I fled a "liberal" area to get here. It's very conservative. Most local offices don't even have a Democrat run for them. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

There is still a lot of sentiment here for the northern tier (or two) of counties to secede from WI, and along with the U.P. of MI (which would secede from MI), form a new State.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Having two homes in two different states, I can pretty much say this.

It doesn't really matter where you are anymore. Any small city in America with over 50K in population is pretty much the same politically and problem-wise anymore. From NY, to L.A. to Sheboygan, Lacrosse, Madison, etc.

There's no escaping it. Luckily, the left doesn't enjoy living outside these areas. They hold all of them now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've lived up north for 30 years now. Like most other residents up here that are not born here, I fled a "liberal" area to get here. It's very conservative. Most local offices don't even have a Democrat run for them.

There is still a lot of sentiment here for the northern tier (or two) of counties to secede from WI, and along with the U.P. of MI (which would secede from MI), form a new State.
View Quote
The eastern half of Washington and Oregon have been talking about doing this for decades. It would go about as far as a few billboards and radio interviews. Seattle and Portland control the states and won't allow the conservative counties to leave. If they tried to secede without it being allowed through the legal process, they would just crush them militarily and arrest the leaders and everyone knows it.

The same would happen here unfortunately. Madison and Lansing (and D.C.) would never allow it to happen.

I know your area is conservative now. I'm just wondering for how long. Eventually they will install new leadership and prop them up with troops if necessary. (Picture the airborne invasion in Red Dawn, except it will be U.S. troops instead of Russian.) Many folks are betting on Idaho because they think the state itself (along with it's National Guard/Air National Guard) might secede.

If you guys start a new State before I get up there, put in a word for me with the border guards.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the last election was the stake driven through the heart of the state. How the legislature allowed the drop boxes with no real oversight, and the general election fuckery sealed the deal for me. This state is on a bullet train to blue forever. The elected republicans here do not seem to have any more backbone than the ones in DC.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I think we're better off than most states, but not by much. This is the 2020 migration data:

https://www.uhaul.com/Articles/About/22746/2020-Migration-Trends-U-Haul-Ranks-50-States-By-Migration-Growth/

WI is the 13th highest destination for people fleeing blue areas. With IL seeing a huge loss, I imagine lots of them are coming here. I'd like to believe that they're the more conservative citizens fleeing, but looking and the blue shift in TX, TN, GA, and others...I doubt it.

With Republicans controlling the Senate and Assembly, Evers is neutered. They also will control redistricting, further solidifying their hold. The biggest thing to worry about for the next four years (besides voter fraud) will be from the Fed .gov IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The eastern half of Washington and Oregon have been talking about doing this for decades. It would go about as far as a few billboards and radio interviews. Seattle and Portland control the states and won't allow the conservative counties to leave. If they tried to secede without it being allowed through the legal process, they would just crush them militarily and arrest the leaders and everyone knows it.

The same would happen here unfortunately. Madison and Lansing (and D.C.) would never allow it to happen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The "State of Superior" idea started back in the 1970s. It was pretty serious... then things took a turn for the better politically in both MI & WI, and the idea sorta died. It resurrected itself again in the age of social media, and dissatisfaction with the politics again. It's not so much a red/blue thing as it is a rural/urban thing. Laws that may fit like a glove in Madison-Milwaukee-Lansing-Detroit don't make much sense up here. The north feels like an orphaned child. But OTOH, now that I think about it, the red/blue thing is pretty much a rural/urban thing anyway.

It may never happen for legal & logistic reasons...but that gives you an idea of the local sentiments, that run pretty deep.

I know your area is conservative now. I'm just wondering for how long.

As long as the majority moving here doesn't flip to liberal, it will last a long time. The liberal tree-huggers like to vacation here, but living here full time is another matter. It's colder, snowier, and there's no Starbucks nor Target stores. Internet access sucks, and cell phones only work about 60%. Culturally, if they don't hunt or fish, they're bored to death after a week.

Eventually they will install new leadership and prop them up with troops if necessary. (Picture the airborne invasion in Red Dawn, except it will be U.S. troops instead of Russian.) Many folks are betting on Idaho because they think the state itself (along with it's National Guard/Air National Guard) might secede.

If secession ever does take place, I believe Texas will be the first to go. That will start a domino effect. Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, the Dakotas will all follow suit. Once whole states decide enough is enough, then the intra-state secessions will begin. Eastern WA & Oregon will leave to join Idaho. Northern WI & MI will follow in the GTFO movement, along with 2/3rds of MN. The southern 3/4s of Illinois will join Missouri.

FWIW... If I were to leave WI, the die-hard waterfowler & deer hunter in me would pick North Dakota or Montana.

If you guys start a new State before I get up there, put in a word for me with the border guards.

Pretty sure we'd need to build a wall along highway 8, or maybe 64, to keep the "flatlanders" out. Admission will be by invite only. I'll put you on my list...
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pretty sure we'd need to build a wall along highway 8, or maybe 64, to keep the "flatlanders" out. Admission will be by invite only. I'll put you on my list...
View Quote

I've fully supported a mined DMZ along the WI/IL border for some time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Look at it this way, if you live among the commies, you don't need to go looking for them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've fully supported a mined DMZ along the WI/IL border for some time.
View Quote

When I left IL to move to N. WI in 1991, I stopped the caravan of U-Hauls (driven by family) that I was leading, by pulling onto the shoulder of the road at the state line, stood in WI and pissed over the line onto ILL as a parting gift....literally. And I have witnesses. Interstate was all clogged up with construction backups, and we were on some rinky dink side road between Rockford & Beloit.

Every time I see your avatar, it reminds me...
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#11]
IMO, Ashland, Bayfield and Douglas county centers are pretty much liberal now, and not likely to change.  While the counties immediately below have become more solidly red lately.  Still the NE part of the State is much more conservative.  Have personally been thinking on West Virginia, but mostly for the warmer weather/affordability.  Am getting older, and the cold is starting to hurt.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IMO, Ashland, Bayfield and Douglas county centers are pretty much liberal now, and not likely to change.  While the counties immediately below have become more solidly red lately.  Still the NE part of the State is much more conservative.  Have personally been thinking on West Virginia, but mostly for the warmer weather/affordability.  Am getting older, and the cold is starting to hurt.
View Quote
West Virginia is nice. You just have to watch out for methbillies.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a lot of family up that way and most have always been very liberal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Look at the election map and all the college towns are blue. In a sea of red. I'm not to worried once it gets ugly about the city folk.

Would say riding bike around this fall seeing all the out of state plates parked at houses. With biden signs in the yard. We are getting invaded by MN and IL and they are bringing their loser politics with.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Short answer, no.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Our schools have become leftist indoctrination centers, devoid of reason or critical thinking. There is no "safe bet long term."

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Having two homes in two different states, I can pretty much say this.

It doesn't really matter where you are anymore. Any small city in America with over 50K in population is pretty much the same politically and problem-wise anymore. From NY, to L.A. to Sheboygan, Lacrosse, Madison, etc.

There's no escaping it. Luckily, the left doesn't enjoy living outside these areas. They hold all of them now.
View Quote

This. Allowing the libs a free hand to rule the education field was a grave error. The younger generation is so brainwashed, they don't even believe in free speech (polls show lots of support for restrictions on speech & expression). Combine that with the Democrat social & news media propaganda, and people who can reason and understand truth are a distinct minority. It's all going down at some point.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Not just the educational system and news media.  The vast majority of new tv shows on the old mainstream channels have an extraordinary amount of social engineering included.  Minimal exceptions.  Am blaming  multiple shows like "big brother" with the next liberal generations total lack of regard for anything regarding the "truth".

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I always considered WI to be on the knife edge of political dominance by either party. When walker was governor, we were slightly red (because rinos who wouldn't do anything to secure that lead). Now while we are on the edge of the knife itself. The governor and many appointed offices are held by the left. The only thing holding them back is the republican majorities in the assembly and senate, who in turn are pretty weak. Now that we know for sure the voting is rigged, it doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think the last election was the stake driven through the heart of the state. How the legislature allowed the drop boxes with no real oversight, and the general election fuckery sealed the deal for me. This state is on a bullet train to blue forever. The elected republicans here do not seem to have any more backbone than the ones in DC.
View Quote

This was my thinking....  

But then I realized that the Dem's strength lies in 2-3 counties.  The Dem's won 14 out of 72 Counties in November.  This division of county politics should give both the Legislature and Senate enough clout to continue Republican control of these houses.  

The Governorship might vary - especially if they keep putting pot referendum's on the ballot.  Which leads us to the subject of turnout.  Milwaukee and Dane have had record turnouts the last two election cycles - which is highly unusual.  If they revert to normal, the Dem grip becomes even more tenuous.  

Moving away from urban centers should help.  But if the whole thing comes crashing down, it's just a matter of time until the fight comes to your door.  Whatever that is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#21]
As more and more flee the deep blue areas the red areas are slowly turning purple. Too many people just right of center mucking it up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This plus the insane cost of building materials caused us to just sell our lake property...kind of heartbreaking...
but we did very well and probably should have asked for another $50K

We are gonna sit tight and wait this out and see if Evers and the other commies get back in...not sure where we'll go
but hopefully we'll be flexible enough to find a good spot to settle in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top