Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 6/1/2018 8:39:38 PM EDT
I am in need of a new ffl dealer.

I looked and couldnt find a list of Iowa arfcom ffl dealers surprisingly.

Maybe my searchfu is weak and i overlooked it?

Im 45 min west of des moines for what its worth
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried BW Outfitters in Anita?
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried BW Outfitters in Anita?
View Quote
Yes, i have been there on a couple occasions.

Im really looking for a more personal, homebased ffl to do buisness with if that makes sense.

Thanks for the recommendation though
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a great one with great prices but you mentioned Des Moines I’m talking about the Carroll area.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Black Dog Transfers, LLC  Ottumwa
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Controlled Chaos in Baxter - one of if not the biggest fighters for our 2a rights in Iowa.

http://www.controlledchaosarms.com/firearms/

I help my father in law run an ffl in gladbrook - but thats a bit far from you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
'arfcom' FFL's in Iowa = CCA

That's about it.

That said, he'd be a decent haul for ya. That said, I still run an hour.5 out there for my NFA stuff. I enjoy supporting CCA and small business in general. I also enjoy being told that my plans are moronic and being slapped back to reality now and again.

And you're always in for a good story and usually an interesting visitor/customer while you're there! (If you don't notice one... it's you)
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't there someone just north of Earlham ?  I don't recall the name.

kwg
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's about it.

That said, he'd be a decent haul for ya. That said, I still run an hour.5 out there for my NFA stuff. I enjoy supporting CCA and small business in general. I also enjoy being told that my plans are moronic and being slapped back to reality now and again.

And you're always in for a good story and usually an interesting visitor/customer while you're there! (If you don't notice one... it's you)
View Quote
Dude...I'm an arfcom ffl...
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll add you to (my) list. My apologies.

Do you/FIL have a storefront? You're not that far from my office.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Depending what part of West central Iowa you are, there is an FFL in Guthrie Center, he's not on ARFCOM tho.  CCA is the best bet for a local ARFCOM FFL.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll add you to (my) list. My apologies.

Do you/FIL have a storefront? You're not that far from my office.
View Quote
Yes - in Gladbrook - open by chance or appointment (we both have day jobs that actually make money)

We generally do the mcelroy gun show in Waterloo as well, but not many of the others.

We are also planning on putting on 1 or 2 machine gun shoots at Daryl's guns in State Center.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
CCA is the only I personally have done business with.  Highly recommend.

And I absolutely would not hesitate to do business with any ARFCOM FFL.  Maybe this could turn into a sticky for future reference.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a home based FFL in Nevada. Also run a web site for thr business. Anyone can pm me if you want further info.

I used to do a lot of gun shows, but dont have as many free weekends as I used to.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m east of Sioux City a smidge, appt only now until my shop building is done.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I have no idea if they're ARFCOMers or not, but I've been a regular at McCunn Specialty Firearms in Massena for a few years. It's a little father & son operation and they have a Smith. Good folks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#17]
PM sent to @ eightmillimeter
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's about it.

View Quote
Worth the drive
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Good folks - are they members here?
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top