Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2019 9:52:51 PM EDT
I'm visiting Disney land next week with my family and was wondering how they are with pocket knives?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Disney World?

If you go thru a metal detector, you won't get in. All weapons are banned in the shadow of the rat.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a Benchmade - they will cut it up for you.....

Red
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually I was told by security last month that 3in blunt tip blades are now allowed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah no your not getting that in.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry a Swiss army bantam to the park. It goes in the dish with my keys and phone. Never a problem. Only one comment ever and it was a joke about careful with that machete
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Three inch and under you should be good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Couple years ago I forgot I had a knife in my pocket and was chosen randomly to go through the metal detector. Guy pulled out some measuring tool they had and my blade was just past their limit, but he let it slide and told me to throw it back in my pocket. For reference it was this knife with a 3.2" blade, so as others have said, 3" and under you should be good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Couple years ago I forgot I had a knife in my pocket and was chosen randomly to go through the metal detector. Guy pulled out some measuring tool they had and my blade was just past their limit, but he let it slide and told me to throw it back in my pocket. For reference it was this knife with a 3.2" blade, so as others have said, 3" and under you should be good.
View Quote
As a season pass holder, we go all the time. My Spyderco my PM2 has been in maybe a 100 times over the years, only ever had 1 issue. This was on the upper level of the Polyneisan getting on the monorail (cause you go thru security at this point rather than park side). At this point i was told that blades need to be 3" or less, first time I heard of this rule, mostly all the security people are cool I just put it in the dog dish with my phone, only this 1 time did someone check it. They use a credit card to measure blade length, if the blade is longer than a CC its no bueno.

LoL this was a good reason the pick-up the new Spyderco PM3
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry a swiss Army with a 3 inch blade. I have been through the metal detector twice and put it in the bowl and they let me keep it both times. Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I put my pocket knife and my Glock 26 in the bottom basket area of my kids stroller. I re-holster in family bathroom. and have never been an issue.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I put my pocket knife and my Glock 26 in the bottom basket area of my kids stroller. I re-holster in family bathroom. and have never been an issue.
View Quote
Until your caught...then there will be many issues for you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're a little more thorough with strollers these days, speaking as an annual passholder with an 18 month old. Short of putting your gun under your baby, odds are pretty good you'll get caught.

Seems they're targeting the men a hell of a lot more than the women too. I go through pushing the stroller with my wife and daughters and they always make me go through the metal detector at magic kingdom. Never make my wife or daughters go through. Same thing when I'm actually carrying my 18 month old and we don't have the stroller. I'm also usually dressed in pretty standard khaki golf shorts and a dry fit polo. Nothing 5.11 or otherwise tacticool. Seems they are repeating this procedure with all of the white males coming to the park with young families. You know, us high risk types.

They make everyone go through at Animal Kingdom regardless, but Hollywood Studios and Epcot are a bit more selective. Rarely have to go through the metal detectors there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Darn...My kid is all grown-up. Can I try that technique with my wife....
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I carry a swiss Army with a 3 inch blade. I have been through the metal detector twice and put it in the bowl and they let me keep it both times. Your mileage may vary.
View Quote
Yeah, they are on to that trick. You've been fortunate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top