Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2020 4:33:16 PM EDT
https://youtu.be/NJmeRcML3VM

I suck at phone post.

I'm not an open carrier but with permit it is legal. Guy claiming to have carry permit is detained
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
They managed not to kill anyone. That's progress!

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I really hope all this crap wakes people up in your state for the inherent right to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really hope all this crap wakes people up in your state for the inherent right to defend themselves.
View Quote

What do you mean? We have an inherent right to defend ourselves?!?  Thanks for dropping that wisdom on us, Wisconsin guy!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What do you mean? We have an inherent right to defend ourselves?!?  Thanks for dropping that wisdom on us, Wisconsin guy!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So then why were they disarmed?

According to this MN law office, & according to CCW instructors, in MN you have a duty to retreat.

https://www.siebencotterlaw.com/criminal-defense-attorneys/minnesota-assault-self-defense-laws/

Whereas here, we have stand your ground, as it should be. In addition your statute on lethal force only apply to your “Adobe”, (MN SS 609.065), here castle doctrine is anywhere we are in our own personal property, such as our vehicle.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best part of that is that he went out of his way to edit in the "in your state" part, even though his state didn't honor our carry permits for how many years?

That’s because WI simply honor’d any states that honor’d ours. MN didn’t, so that was on the MN state .gov, not ours.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a carry permit, but I thought any pistol over 26" was prohibited from carrying (open/concealed) and rifles and shotguns were a no go.

With a permit, I can open carry a rifle? Not that I would want to, but I would like to know
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So Wisconsin sorta thinks it's an inherent right.

Good thing you're not forced to come over here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s because WI simply honor’d any states that honor’d ours. MN didn’t, so that was on the MN state .gov, not ours.

So Wisconsin sorta thinks it's an inherent right.

Good thing you're not forced to come over here.

Just to conceal carry, unfortunately. Which our legislature last year pushed through complete constitutional carry but that ass Walker screwed us.

Unfortunately my job requires me to.

Look guys, I’m on your side. I just hope your elected’s that think your/peoples right to self defense has to be a bunch of hoops to jump through get replaced by those with more level heads.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just to conceal carry, unfortunately. Which our legislature last year pushed through complete constitutional carry but that ass Walker screwed us.

Unfortunately my job requires me to.
View Quote

Mall security?  

Seriously, why do you feel like you need to offer this advice?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a carry permit, but I thought any pistol over 26" was prohibited from carrying (open/concealed) and rifles and shotguns were a no go.

With a permit, I can open carry a rifle? Not that I would want to, but I would like to know
View Quote

"State of Minnesota permit to carry a pistol".  Seems pretty clear to me.

I don't open carry except at home or the range and even then it's a pistol. So I don't know about that.
My Iowa permit said something like "permit to carry weapons".
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Just be aware of the oddity of ptc and long guns.... You can carry a long gun with a ptc, but the law does not allow you to transport a loaded long gun with a ptc.   You must unload and store when transporting in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just be aware of the oddity of ptc and long guns.... You can carry a long gun with a ptc, but the law does not allow you to transport a loaded long gun with a ptc.   You must unload and store when transporting in a vehicle.
View Quote

I just wanted to have an unloaded uncased rifle in my truck but I guess it isn't legal.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So what happened with all this, any update?

Those folks were arrested for legally carrying?
View Quote

I would be interested in knowing as well.   Unfortunately the two guys being arrested in the beginning of the video will probably remain a mystery since we didn't see what led up to arrest.   The arrest of the gentleman with the phone seemed very questionable.    My guess is that they get him for disturbing the peace which MIGHT be applicable.   He was standing there shouting at the police and the two people being arrested.   Still, from my perspective it was pretty sad.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I just wanted to have an unloaded uncased rifle in my truck but I guess it isn't legal.
View Quote

this you can do... With "limits" look in the MN hunting regs for the full detail.
1) You cand in a city over XXXX population
2) cant in the 7(?) county metro area,
3) there might be another on in there also..
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I would be interested in knowing as well.   Unfortunately the two guys being arrested in the beginning of the video will probably remain a mystery since we didn't see what led up to arrest.   The arrest of the gentleman with the phone seemed very questionable.    My guess is that they get him for disturbing the peace which MIGHT be applicable.   He was standing there shouting at the police and the two people being arrested.   Still, from my perspective it was pretty sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what happened with all this, any update?

Those folks were arrested for legally carrying?

On a Boogaloo FB page, they said they were held in the back of the police car for an hour then let go. The poster did look like him and no one else called them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top