Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2021 9:54:26 AM EDT
A Nashville restaurant owner is calling for the state legislature to allow a digital health pass (phone app that seems to be a form of vaccine passport), to allow her business to easily screen customers and return to a pre-COVID level of business.  She seems to be ignoring the fact that things are currently shifting toward vaccination not really making any difference in what restrictions you are required to follow inside businesses.

Probably not too surprising that she is a transplant from Seattle.

https://fox17.com/news/local/nashville-restaurant-owner-calls-for-tennessee-lawmakers-to-support-vaccine-proof-vaccine-passport-food-dining-vanderbilt-coronavirus-delta
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope she fails miserably. I'll certainly do my part.
I'm surprised her dinky little joint has survived since 2008, but that area of Charlotte has become trendy the last few years.
I've lived in Nash (well, Sumner county) since 1990 and it's long past time to move. When my dad eventually dies, we're outta here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 2:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll take "restaurants I won't ever eat at" for $1000, Alex!
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope she fails miserably. I'll certainly do my part.
I'm surprised her dinky little joint has survived since 2008, but that area of Charlotte has become trendy the last few years.
I've lived in Nash (well, Sumner county) since 1990 and it's long past time to move. When my dad eventually dies, we're outta here.
View Quote

That section just hasn't been the same, since they closed the Krystal.

The 'trendy' has been creeping into the area for quite some time, originally focused around Richland Park and Sylvan Park, from what I could tell.  

The change seemed to escalate when they tore down the old church at 46th and Charlotte, replacing it with that 'trendy' high rise.  As I recall, the property had been up for sale for a while, since the congregation had shrunk and then combined with another church in the area, and one of the drug store chains was interested in buying it, but the 'neighbors' protested against the sale, saying they didn't want to see the church torn down and replaced with something that wouldn't fit into the neighborhood.  So the church had to have the building demolished, in order to stop the objections and sell the property.  And it ended up with something that was an even worse fit for the neighborhood (at least at the time it was built).  

The drug store chain had even said they were looking at ways to incorporate the original structure of the church building into the store they were planning for the site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top