Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 12:44:25 PM EDT
I was just told by a LEO who was supposed to be there today for a training today that he was told by his dept. NOT to show up. Maybe something about protesters heckling cops???? I don't know for sure.

I'm not trying to start rumors. I am hearing this secondhand. This may very well be a big nothingburger.

Does anybody know if there is any cause for concern?

Yes, I did try calling them directly but no answer
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This is getting VERY tiring.  Tagged for updates.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
They might have all LEOs on standby...and yeah, probably keeping them out of the public eye.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
There was recently a protest incident near Elite that was in the media. There was a large police presence and as I understand it tear gas was deployed. It might have something to do with that and not wanting to have officers to far from the office in case they are needed. If things got bad once it could happen again until the country calms down.

ETA: check this ARFcom thread out. It might clarify things a bit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was recently a protest incident near Elite that was in the media. There was a large police presence and as I understand it tear gas was deployed. It might have something to do with that and not wanting to have officers to far from the office in case they are needed. If things got bad once it could happen again until the country calms down.

ETA: check this ARFcom thread out. It might clarify things a bit.
View Quote

That may be it. That was Saturday but there are usually a large number of cops at Elite on Monday morning.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top