Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2021 11:22:09 AM EDT
Looking for a gunsmith to shorten, re-contour to use the original front site, crown and thread the muzzle on a sporterized enfield no4 mk1*
Already talked to D&D gunsmiths in troy, looking for additional options or suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
google D&D gunsmiths
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
ADCO in OH is where most people go.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Williams Gun Sight Co. Davison, MI
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the insight on d&d did some more googling, Originally called them based on the recommendation from a friend.

I've heard more than a few people talk about adco, will probably just end up driving down there to drop the rifle off.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the insight on d&d did some more googling, Originally called them based on the recommendation from a friend.

I've heard more than a few people talk about adco, will probably just end up driving down there to drop the rifle off.
View Quote

You need to completely disassemble the rifle stripping it down to just the barrel and the receiver. No parts whatsoever, ADCO will not thread a barreled action unless they receive it completely devoid of all other parts. $140 was the last price I paid to shorten a barrel and thread the muzzle on a barreled action.

If you have the ability to remove the barrel and just ship it, the price gets cut close 50%.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Ron’s a good dude.

AAE
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Whatever you do DO NOT USE D&D. They were going to refinsh a gun from me would be ready in 3 months well after 4 months come to find out it was taken apart and sent to Fords custom guns for plating (i was told all done in house) I had fords send it back as they were 6months plus behind in work and had just received the gun a few weeks earlier. Long storm short by the time I got the gun back it was missing pieces and a total disaster. Whatever you do dont use D&D you have been warned.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#8]
ADCO is the one.   Used them a couple times.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#9]
https://imgur.com/a/JKjvF9N

Thanks for all the suggestions, ADCO actually turned me down due to the amount of work they currently have, if i was to pull the barrel they would do it no problem but not interested in the set up involved in the lathe set up with the receiver.

I took it upon my self to do it by hand with rental tools from 4d reamers, the threads are actually concentric, and turned out very well. Currently working on the stock now
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
ADCO in Toledo does fantastic work and he’s really fast. I had sent Steve a beretta barrel to thread once on a Monday and I had it back (through the mail) on Friday.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looking for a gunsmith to shorten, re-contour to use the original front site, crown and thread the muzzle on a sporterized enfield no4 mk1*
Already talked to D&D gunsmiths in troy, looking for additional options or suggestions.
View Quote

Stay FAR away from D&D!  They completely screwed up a simple drill and tap job for me.  They are a complete joke.  I will never go there again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top