Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2018 7:16:28 PM EDT
Gonna be in Destin all next week on vacation and was looking through archives to see some mention of an arfcommmer that runs a charter fishing boat out of there or nearby.

Anyone know or have his website I think another mentioned JD762 in an archived thread but did not want to tag him If that wasn’t him. Looking to take me, my brother in law , 11 year old son and brother out  well maybe our wives also but not if we can avoid it..

We have no experience offshore fishing . Not looking for a discount just want to give an arfcommer the business if he wants it. Thanks ahead of time .
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking to charter a boat for just your group, or go on a large party boat? Huge difference in price.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you looking to charter a boat for just your group, or go on a large party boat? Huge difference in price.
View Quote
We are new to the ocean fishing thing so we where gonna see what he had a available. I have been on a large boat near Pawleys Island SC when I was a teen. It was fine and we would be fine doing that probably but I was just checking around here before starting to call around.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're looking for a party boat, check out Swoop.  It's about $70/person.  I've been out with them about a dozen times and always caught fish.

Charter recommendations depend on your budget and what you're looking to catch.

If you're looking to catch some monsters, hit up these guys.  They're stand up dudes and will put you on massive fish.  Trips start at $75/ea.  Family Land Based Shark Fishing and Tagging Excursions
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. That shark fishing looks like a blast. I’m gonna touch base with him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My good friend runds Hooligan, youll have a blast

https://hooligancharters.com/
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. That shark fishing looks like a blast. I’m gonna touch base with him.
View Quote
I've fished with them a few times.  If you scroll back through their pictures, you can see a mako I caught with them back in 2016.  If Rip and Kerry, the guys that run the charter I linked above, are booked, try David Miller at Angler Up.  He's landed a couple 11 and 12 footers recently.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've fished with them a few times.  If you scroll back through their pictures, you can see a mako I caught with them back in 2016.  If Rip and Kerry, the guys that run the charter I linked above, are booked, try David Miller at Angler Up.  He's landed a couple 11 and 12 footers recently.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You keep the mako to eat?I hear they are great eating. Filling up a few RTIC coolers with fish to take back to landlocked TN definitely wouldn’t be a bad thing .
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:25:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Off topic: OMG!!!! The bait migration has started on the “East Coast”!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You keep the mako to eat?I hear they are great eating. Filling up a few RTIC coolers with fish to take back to landlocked TN definitely wouldn’t be a bad thing .
View Quote
Yeah, the mako was tasty.  I have its jaws on my wall.  You won't run into any makos this time of year.  They are only close to shore in the winter, but there are plenty of monster tigers and hammers, and large numbers of spinners, bulls, nurse sharks, and others cruising the beaches right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, the mako was tasty.  I have its jaws on my wall.  You won't run into any makos this time of year.  They are only close to shore in the winter, but there are plenty of monster tigers and hammers, and large numbers of spinners, bulls, nurse sharks, and others cruising the beaches right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea spoke to the guy doing the shark fishing. He stated as much about the makos not being around. He told me they where getting a bunch of tigers and that he would come to the condo we are at , means that those tigers will already be where we are swimming
I was wanting to get some fresh fish to take back home for an upcoming cookout , he says people keep  thresher  and black tips to eat also so there is still a chance of catching one to eat.But it looks like we are gonna take a 6 person boat out like linked above. The guy above gives a military and first responder discount so that is a plus.
While I am open water certified and have did some scuba diving in the gulf the thoughts of young tigers patrolling where my family will be swimming is not fun, it’s a lot different when you have scuba on and can mostly see them coming if you have enough eyes in the water helping each other watch.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
The larger sharks generally stay out past the second sand bar (the color change).  Stay inside of that and you're good.

Have fun on the charter!

If you just want just get out for meat, take a look at one of the party boats like Swoop or Sweet Jody.  You'll come home with a mess of mingo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top