Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2018 10:08:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Very solid move by DeSantis, although many here won't like it because she "isn't conservative enough".

I'm not surprised by his slight move to the middle.  Like or not, a lot of people perceive him as being "too conservative".  This move also makes it a lot more difficult to drive a wedge between DeSantis (very conservative) and Scott (moderately conservative).

The important thing is to get DeSantis and Scott elected.  Both races are critical and both candidates will say or do things we don't always like or agree with.  But keep your eye on the objective.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 1:52:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very solid move by DeSantis, although many here won't like it because she "isn't conservative enough".

I'm not surprised by his slight move to the middle.  Like or not, a lot of people perceive him as being "too conservative".  This move also makes it a lot more difficult to drive a wedge between DeSantis (very conservative) and Scott (moderately conservative).

The important thing is to get DeSantis and Scott elected.  Both races are critical and both candidates will say or do things we don't always like or agree with.  But keep your eye on the objective.
View Quote
Although not ideal, I can understand his logic. Hopefully it works out in his favor in the general.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
DeSantis; yes, of course.

Scott; his treacherous ass needs to be kicked to the curb.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
These are the choices folks. Not voting for desantis is a vote for the left. Get over it and just vote. Desantis is not going to do a gun ban, the other guy will. Simple as that.

I'm voting desantis.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#6]
De Santis here.

He will not pull any monkey business in office.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably gonna get worse before it gets better, but for sure I am stickin with DeSantis.
@ Iamhere... cant really come up with a better remark
maybe closer to the general.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
These are the choices folks. Not voting for desantis is a vote for the left. Get over it and just vote. Desantis is not going to do a gun ban, the other guy will. Simple as that.

I'm voting desantis.
View Quote
Not only that, but the next governor will play a critical role in redistricting after the 2020 census.  A swing of probably 3-5 US House seats are at stake.  Not to mention all of the state house and state senate seats.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

DeSantis; yes, of course.

Scott; his treacherous ass needs to be kicked to the curb.
View Quote
Think big picture.  We need to control the Senate to confirm Trump's nominees.

The clown show in the Judiciary committee this week would be a very different picture if only 2 Senate seats flipped.

While none of us can predict the future, there is a strong possibility that at least one more, and possibly three, US Supreme Court seats will open before the end of Trump's first term.  That means potentially flipping the USSC to a 7-2 majority of textualists.

That calculus has to outweigh any hypotheticals of what Scott may or may not do in office.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top