Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2023 6:31:16 PM EDT
In yesterday's municipal elections, Denver voters roundly rejected a ballot initiative that would have allowed the conversion of a private, shuttered golf course into thousands of new homes and a park.

While votes are still being counted, early returns show that just under 40 percent of voters cast 'yes' votes for Referred Question 20. If approved, the measure would have dissolved a conservation easement requiring the 155-acre Park Hill Golf Course to remain a golf course and allowed developer Westside to proceed with its plans to build 3,200 housing units alongside a park and other public amenities.

"The Park Hill Golf Course will forever be a case study in missed opportunities. With historically low turnout, Denver has rejected its single best opportunity to build new affordable housing and create new public parks," said Westside in a statement. "Thousands of Denverites who urgently need more affordable housing are now at even greater risk of displacement."

moar
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
So wait - Park Hill property owners didn't want to see their investments in housing devalue massively as "affordable" housing displaced their homes?   Or 3200 more homes worth of traffic?  Or the homeless camp they would have also built most likely?  

Yeah.   Surprise.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno, but it seems like there is plenty of land that could be developed east of I25.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
"Affordable housing" is the new buzz term in Colorado politics.

I'll translate for those who don't understand....

They are going to build "projects".

Large ghetto shithole govt funded apartment complexes that other shithole cities have long been infamous for.

The limousine and latte liberals from other states are the reason Colorado went to shit and they'll just move and ruin somewhere else when the state builds housing projects in their back yard.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dunno, but it seems like there is plenty of land that could be developed east of I25.
View Quote

There's no water out there.
Water and water rights are becoming the limiting element of growth in Colorado.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top