Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You guys up north better get work on this election cycle!!
It's preaching to the choir with signs etc in my AO.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Death by a thousand cuts.

It'll never be enough for these people.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Fucking commies.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#5]
What's the short version?

Don't want to sign up at the Abq Urinal .
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]
UBC Law

Red Flag Law

Domestic restraining order law to confiscate firearms

Holding gun owners liable if their gun is used in a crime.

There was also a thread in GD about this that had a little more discussion. I am not optimistic about the future of "The Land of Enchantment".

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/New-Mexico-Democrats-unveil-four-gun-proposals-ahead-of-next-session/5-2135695/
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks man.

F'ing commies.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
dem-new-mexico-gubernatorial-candidate-has-wish-list-of-gun-bans/

Grisham (Hilary wannabe) wants NM to be the next ban state... Leave it to NM to want to implement failed policies after other states have shown they don't work, can't even be original when failing...

"state-wide ban on semiautomatic “assault weapons” and “high-capacity magazines,” expanded background checks, implementation of so-called “red flag” gun seizure orders, and penalties for gun owners who do not report lost or stolen firearms. She would also direct the New Mexico Department of Health to conduct an in-depth study of injuries and deaths related to guns as a health care crisis."
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I think we are doomed unless we can find some strong pro-Art II dems  I'm thinking of moving to AZ if that happens.  Only thing holding me here is my 94-year-old mom is in an assisted living facility.  I'm guessing I'll be leaving about the same time Dems pass this legislation.  Too bad, one more tax payer leaving the state.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Grisham walked into Barelas Coffee and Diner the other day while I was having breakfast with a friend.  Hadn’t seen the guy in almost a year so we had some catching up to do.  Right as the waitress brings my heuvos rancheros with carne adobada,  she walks over and starts blabbing about New Mexico and her campaign.....

I told her I was there to have breakfast with my friend and that I wasn’t interested in the least in her campaign.  She was literally speechless for about 10 seconds, then just walked away.  LOL!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#11]
All we can do is vote and encourage others to do the same.  Grisham can be beat.    She is not well liked by many NM Democrats.  GO VOTE
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All we can do is vote and encourage others to do the same.  Grisham can be beat.    She is not well liked by many NM Democrats.  GO VOTE
View Quote
Our biggest chance is the liberals who love using the school vouchers to send their precious snow flakes to montessori schools will realize she wants to end the voucher program to funnel all the money back into the broken public schools system.

them not voting for her at all is the best chance we have.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#13]
annnnddddd here we are in the future.

I'm not a pessimist but the future looks so fuked here in NM.  How many years of "Blue" government that has put us almost deadlast in major indicators.  Now we have a real opportunity to be absolutely deadlast in those indicators.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
annnnddddd here we are in the future.

I'm not a pessimist but the future looks so fuked here in NM.  How many years of "Blue" government that has put us almost deadlast in major indicators.  Now we have a real opportunity to be absolutely deadlast in those indicators.
View Quote
NM is on track to be 700mil in debt thanks to the movie industry tax breaks, the same breaks Martinez tried to cancel but was fought tooth and nail to keep. Of course when it shits on us it will be blamed on her.

Oil and gas will take a huge hit with the new environment hawk gov, the movie industry is unstable, again NM loses. again.

Wait till they try and tax us into prosperity...I bet when the unfunded state employee pensions come due, we end up insolvent and downgraded. we laughed at Illinois, but were sitting on a way higher cliff and not much to slow us. Silver lining, Mexico won't want us back anymore.

http://amp.kob.com/new-mexico-news/new-mexico-debt-to-filmmakers-inches-toward-250m/5183292/
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

NM is on track to be 700mil in debt thanks to the movie industry tax breaks, the same breaks Martinez tried to cancel but was fought tooth and nail to keep. Of course when it shits on us it will be blamed on her.

Oil and gas will take a huge hit with the new environment hawk gov, the movie industry is unstable, again NM loses. again.

Wait till they try and tax us into prosperity...I bet when the unfunded state employee pensions come due, we end up insolvent and downgraded. we laughed at Illinois, but were sitting on a way higher cliff and not much to slow us. Silver lining, Mexico won't want us back anymore.

http://amp.kob.com/new-mexico-news/new-mexico-debt-to-filmmakers-inches-toward-250m/5183292/
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing about the new save the planet government that is taking over.  The people of this state are dumb as a rock.  I would have thought the current land commissioner would have been re-elected, but no.  Now all these morons are going to find out just how expensive green energy is.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#16]
It begins...

SB 8, introduced by Wirth and Sen. Richard Martinez, D-Española, would require background checks for anyone selling firearms and charge anyone with a criminal background with a misdemeanor if they don't pass that test.

HB40, introduced by Miguel P. Garcia Background Checks At Gun Shows, a "gun show" means an event at which more than
twenty-five firearms are on site and available for transfer. This one does seem to include a NM CCW permit as a valid means of having a background check performed if I am reading it right.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It begins...

SB 8, introduced by Wirth and Sen. Richard Martinez, D-Española, would require background checks for anyone selling firearms and charge anyone with a criminal background with a misdemeanor if they don't pass that test.

HB40, introduced by Miguel P. Garcia Background Checks At Gun Shows, a "gun show" means an event at which more than
twenty-five firearms are on site and available for transfer. This one does seem to include a NM CCW permit as a valid means of having a background check performed if I am reading it right.
View Quote
SB8 HERE

HB40 HERE
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It begins...

View Quote
what the flying fuck does this mean?

you fail a back round check and get a misdemeanor?

You have to pass a test to sell the a gun?

is this shit fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/santa-fe-officials-discussed-tax-on-gun-ammunition/1680219034

Santa Fe Mayor Alan Webber and House Speaker Brian Egolf exchanged ideas on preventing school shootings after the Aztec incident and they mentioned an ammunition tax.

They have since backed off any kind of municipal legislation because it will likely be contentious and expensive.

Democrat governor-elect Michelle Lujan Grisham is also more likely to support statewide legislation to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:03:56 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It begins...

SB8 HERE

HB40 HERE
A study of firearm homicide and suicide rates in the 10 years after California simultaneously mandated comprehensive background checks for nearly all firearm sales and a prohibition on gun purchase and possession for persons convicted of most violent misdemeanor crimes found no change in the rates of either cause of death from firearms through 2000.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/newsroom/13362
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:14:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A study of firearm homicide and suicide rates in the 10 years after California simultaneously mandated comprehensive background checks for nearly all firearm sales and a prohibition on gun purchase and possession for persons convicted of most violent misdemeanor crimes found no change in the rates of either cause of death from firearms through 2000.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/newsroom/13362
View Quote
None of that matters to them. Results are inconsequential, it's all about people control. Or at least the illusion of control.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#22]
They keep coming...

HB 35 Stickin' it to the FFLs

HB 83 Red Flag Law

HB 115 Making terroristic threats, might go hand in hand with the red flag law?

HB 8, another UBC

HB 105, increased penalties for using a firearm in a crime.

HB 101, remove fingerprinting from CCW renewals.

HB 87, expanding the categories for persons who cannot have a firearm (domestic violence related)

And these are still just the pre-filed bills. If they move smoothly, or even if not, expect more to come. Some of these bills may not be bad, I have not read them completely, but this state has a history of messing up even good laws.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They keep coming...

HB 35 Stickin' it to the FFLs

HB 83 Red Flag Law

HB 115 Making terroristic threats, might go hand in hand with the red flag law?

HB 8, another UBC

HB 105, increased penalties for using a firearm in a crime.

HB 101, remove fingerprinting from CCW renewals.

HB 87, expanding the categories for persons who cannot have a firearm (domestic violence related)

And these are still just the pre-filed bills. If they move smoothly, or even if not, expect more to come. Some of these bills may not be bad, I have not read them completely, but this state has a history of messing up even good laws.
View Quote
About the only thing we have left is that this state has a hard time getting anything done at all.

They'll spend their time making the economy worse, buying useless shit like jets, increasing taxes to keep sucking off the movie industry and working on being a sanctuary state before they fstart shitting on our rights.

They'll get the UBC shit for sure though. They will wait for another school shooting before they go further.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

About the only thing we have left is that this state has a hard time getting anything done at all.

They'll spend their time making the economy worse, buying useless shit like jets, increasing taxes to keep sucking off the movie industry and working on being a sanctuary state before they fstart shitting on our rights.

They'll get the UBC shit for sure though. They will wait for another school shooting before they go further.
View Quote
If that is all we get shoved upon us we'll be lucky.  I hope you're right.  But we have at least 4 (probably 8+) years of this, so we'll look like WA/CO/ within a few years.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If that is all we get shoved upon us we'll be lucky.  I hope you're right.  But we have at least 4 (probably 8+) years of this, so we'll look like WA/CO/ within a few years.
View Quote
This is a big deal to us, so we pay more attention, but they have a lot of other shit they wanna fuck up too

Trust me, Climate change and how to make a poor state poorer are way higher on the list, the time bomb of the movie industry is ticking and the unfunded liabilities for the PERA which is about $5 billion short and growing, plus they really wanna make the school systems shittier by removing the voucher system and limiting choice to force more students back into public schools.

we're about to all get fucked in a lot of ways.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Another UBC bill I think that this makes number 4. They are pushing the UBC hard.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone know the differences between HB8 and Nevada’s UBC bill that got passed in 2016?  The FBI wouldn’t allow Nevada to use NICS for personal transfers and the bill was worthless.  Nevada has a state system and we don’t.  The FBI wouldn’t allow the state to use NICS for the private background checks so it was unenforceable.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/nevadas-ubc-bill-is-doa.815462/

How will HB8 require the use of a background check (NICS?) for sales/transfers?  Does the state know the costs associated with with the transfers? Would this be like a poll tax?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does anyone know the differences between HB8 and Nevada’s UBC bill that got passed in 2016?  The FBI wouldn’t allow Nevada to use NICS for personal transfers and the bill was worthless.  Nevada has a state system and we don’t.  The FBI wouldn’t allow the state to use NICS for the private background checks so it was unenforceable.

How will HB8 require the use of a background check (NICS?) for sales/transfers?  Does the state know the costs associated with with the transfers? Would this be like a poll tax?
View Quote
You could take the firearm to a gun store or FFL and have them put it on their books then the new person does a 4473 to get the gun from the FFL.  I can see the FFL charging a fee to both people.  I think the current 4473 already has a box for person to person transfers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#29]
New Mexico Joins the West Coast Wall of Gun Control?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You could take the firearm to a gun store or FFL and have them put it on their books then the new person does a 4473 to get the gun from the FFL.  I can see the FFL charging a fee to both people.  I think the current 4473 already has a box for person to person transfers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevada requires all private transfers to do it via an FFL and be recorded on 4473.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top