Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2018 12:11:10 AM EDT
Anyone live out there?  I have some questions if you could shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m honestly not sure if we have anyone out there.  Lots of the guys here go to and from a fair bit though, so I’m sure we could get stuff answered.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone live out there?  I have some questions if you could shoot me a PM.
View Quote
I lived there for 5 years... check IM.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I lived there for 5 years... check IM.
View Quote
Saw the IM first, but using the past tense "lived there" answers some of my questions

Hit ya back, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Saw the IM first, but using the past tense "lived there" answers some of my questions

Hit ya back, thanks.
View Quote
I left because I got laid off. If that hadn't happened, I'd still be there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Wife's parents homesteaded there in the 60's.  They had 360 acres which they cleared and farmed some of it.  Wish they had not sold it off as I would have moved there in a heart beat.  I have been to Delta several times, some for work and some to just visit.  It is a 'little' different there, but lots of places in Alaska are that way!
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wife's parents homesteaded there in the 60's.  They had 360 acres which they cleared and farmed some of it.  Wish they had not sold it off as I would have moved there in a heart beat.  I have been to Delta several times, some for work and some to just visit.  It is a 'little' different there, but lots of places in Alaska are that way!
View Quote
A little different from the rest of AK or just normal remote-ish AK different?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 3:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I currently work in Delta Junction. I have only been working here for around a month so I don’t know if I can answer your question.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in FBX but I'm fimiliar with the area.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
One bump.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A little different from the rest of AK or just normal remote-ish AK different?
View Quote
Delta is like North Dakota more than AK. I love it there. Used to go hunting this time of year for birds.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Lived there from 2008 to 2015, concurrent with FB41's time.  Owned a house for ~ 5 yrs of that time. Shoot me a PM if you have questions.  Would be happy to help
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know anything about that area but I love to learn more about our great state.

OP, can you share what your questions are so they can be answered in public?

Those that lived there, can you tell us all about it?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about that area but I love to learn more about our great state.

OP, can you share what your questions are so they can be answered in public?

Those that lived there, can you tell us all about it?
View Quote
Deliberately not asking specific questions in the open to try to get more objective answers and less group think.  So far no one has said anything negative from my point of view
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#14]
One grocery store, 3-6 restaurants  depening on season and one fuddy outdoors store. Delta meat and sausage makes up for some shortcomings though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm.   Getting away from groupthink...  Good idea, I think.

I used to just pass through Delta Junction, but one of the topics at work ~1998-2004 or so was, "have you seen the new hot Russian working at IGA???"

I don't know if he was taking a cut of the proceeds, or had a thing for hot Russians, but I always had to stop by IGA and get a coffee and a doughnut after that.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hmm.   Getting away from groupthink...  Good idea, I think.

I used to just pass through Delta Junction, but one of the topics at work ~1998-2004 or so was, "have you seen the new hot Russian working at IGA???"

I don't know if he was taking a cut of the proceeds, or had a thing for hot Russians, but I always had to stop by IGA and get a coffee and a doughnut after that.
View Quote
There's a few hot Russians that work at the IGA and others at the Drive-In during the summer, not too mention Phoebe, the owner of the Hard Wok Cafe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top