Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 10:55:13 PM EDT
Hey guys, been stationed at Dover for 6 years now, gonna be here for another four.

Are there any Delaware organizations that actually have a positive effect on firearms climate.

essentially I want to push for shall issue of concealed carry permits at the state level, in a state of 800,000 you would think it wouldn't be too hard.

Any comments or advice?

My wife has been going through the ccw process for over 7 months now and still can't carry, it's disgusting and our neighbors shouldn't be forced to be defenseless like this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, been stationed at Dover for 6 years now, gonna be here for another four.

Are there any Delaware organizations that actually have a positive effect on firearms climate.

essentially I want to push for shall issue of concealed carry permits at the state level, in a state of 800,000 you would think it wouldn't be too hard.

Any comments or advice?

My wife has been going through the ccw process for over 7 months now and still can't carry, it's disgusting and our neighbors shouldn't be forced to be defenseless like this.
View Quote

Be glad you even have a process to apply for.  Be glad you weren't stationed at McGuire.  Stop into Cabelas this weekend, it's the huge NRA Weekend and all kinds of pro gun organizations are supposed to be there  (Disclosure: I work the gun counter there, not saying buy shit, just that I know a whole bunch of organizations are supposed to set up booths this weekend)

ETA: clarification
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Be glad you even have a process to apply for.  Be glad you weren't stationed at McGuire.  Stop into Cabelas this weekend, there's a huge 2nd Amendment sale and all kinds of pro gun organizations are supposed to be there  (Disclosure: I work the gun counter there, not saying buy shit, just that I know a whole bunch of organizations are supposed to set up booths this weekend)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any comments or advice?

Be glad you even have a process to apply for.  Be glad you weren't stationed at McGuire.  Stop into Cabelas this weekend, there's a huge 2nd Amendment sale and all kinds of pro gun organizations are supposed to be there  (Disclosure: I work the gun counter there, not saying buy shit, just that I know a whole bunch of organizations are supposed to set up booths this weekend)

state level orgs or national level orgs
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any comments or advice?

Pretty sure DSSA, Delaware State Sportsman Association, is supposed to show up.  I'm not sure what other groups usually show up on NRA weekend I just see all kinds of booths.  I'm usually swamped and stuck behind the counter
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
DSSA seems to be the big one. The range I shoot at (Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club) regularly pushes through updates from DSSA on legislative actions in the state.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a member of Bridgeville. From what I feel out they cater more to the Hunting community than the rest of the 2a community.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
how about Delaware Association for Gun Rights?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Any comments or advice?

View Quote

I got my ccw license in under 2 months.  I filed Dec. 7 and received mine on Feb 5.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]
DSSA (mentioned before) is a good place to start.

Previous comment about Bridgeville is not my experience. I've been a member there for 15 years. Yes, there is an active hunting contingent there, however as the club leadership has stated, it is a SHOOTING RANGE. Hunting is allowed, but is secondary to shooting. The is a VERY active IDPA program, SASS, NRA Hi-Power, mid-range and long-range, and short and mid range bench rest are all very prominent as well. The secretary there is VERY vocal with the politicians RE 2A matters, and is good about keeping membership informed.

Why is it taking your wife 7 months?  The only thing that delayed my CWDP was my lazy ass not putting in the ppwrk in a timely manner. Once I did it still took a few months, but that was because I submitted mine when a lot of renewals were processing. Hell, my training cert was 9 years old when I submitted my app!

USAF (Ret)
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Home Firearms Safety
Presidents 100
Distinguished Rifleman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top