Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2021 9:38:02 PM EDT
I've been invited to go deer hunting with a group of fellows on a lease near Paris, MS, so it's private property.

Getting ready to get my license. They tell me I should get the 3 day out of state primitive license, since it's primitive weapon season and we are hunting on private land.  Of course, I will need to get the deer permit also.

Any of you MS baws can help out this old LA baw?

LC
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 4:12:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fugitive] [#1]
While it's technically primitive season.  I believe its "weapon of choice" on private land.
 ETA:Had to look up Paris but it looks like its in the NE Zone.  You can go to mdwfp.com and read up.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as it is private land, you can use a centerfire rifle.

I'm currently sitting in my blind with my M&P 10.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
While weapon-of-choice on private land is in season, his question regarding the license is interesting. (Sitting in shooting house with Browning A-Bolt in .270 Winchester)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top