Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2020 11:08:16 PM EDT
With French Creek gone, I am looking for a range to go to. Hopefully, one that not only allows pistols, but rifles & shotguns too.

Do I have any options without traveling too far and/or joining & paying dues? I don't go enough to make that worth it for me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't realize French Creek was gone.  Haven't been there in years but it was shady af at times.

Where do you live?  Plenty of options.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't realize French Creek was gone.  Haven't been there in years but it was shady af at times.

View Quote

Yea, all the equipment is at King Shooters Supply.

As for where to go. Are you looking for an indoor or outdoor range?

There's Southern Chester County (outdoor), Northern Chester County (outdoor), Target Shooting Solutions (indoor), Targetmaster (indoor, DELCO near DE border by Wilmington).
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There's Southern Chester County (outdoor), Northern Chester County (outdoor), Target Shooting Solutions (indoor), Targetmaster (indoor, DELCO near DE border by Wilmington).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohhhh... French Creek Outfitters... I thought he meant the SGL rifle range at French Creek SP.

Yeah, those are the places I'd call out, and maybe add in Delaware County Field and Stream if OP lives in Southeastern Chesco.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where is the southern Chester County ?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where is the southern Chester County ?
Thanks
View Quote

@bugler Southern Chester County Sportmen's and Farmers' Association
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in eastern Chesco, a stones throw from the Montco border.  I do most of my shooting at Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club (membership required, probably doesn't meet your requirements) but am also members at Elverson R&GC (requires a membership but very reasonable) and Swamp Creek (ditto).  I'm not aware of any places random folks can just show up and shoot.  If there were, I probably wouldn't want to shoot there anyways.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Thanks. Are you a member?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Bugler I used to be. Not for a few years now. Only reason I left was because I got a membership at New Holland and didn't see the point in maintaining two memberships.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@Bugler I used to be. Not for a few years now. Only reason I left was because I got a membership at New Holland and didn't see the point in maintaining two memberships.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bugler

I'm an active member there.  Let me know how I can help.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Indoor for winter. Outdoor is fine for the rest of the year. Not looking to have to pay member fees or jump through hoops to join or shoot somewhere. I don't go enough for any of that to be worth it. Most importantly, I want to be able to shoot my pistols, shotguns & AR
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Atglen is a nice club in SE PA.  They have a 500 meter rifle range (with steel) along with a separate 100 yard range, pistol range, shotgun, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top