Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2022 10:11:04 PM EDT
My daughter lives in Durham. She is looking at buying a new 9mm.

What are the recommended shops for fair prices and good selection?

She is looking at Triangle Shooting Academy because they have a range to try them out.

Any other shops that allow rentals or test firing in Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill?

Thanks for the help and advice.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a little further out but Fuquay Guns in Fuquay Varina has a great selection and excellent staff...they don't have a range but they do teach courses.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a very liberal, overall anti gun area.

I hear good things about Fuquay Guns & Gold.  I have shot at TSA and the facility is super nice, but prices are high.

Really good gun shops are few and far between here.  

There is Rock City Guns in Roxboro. I've never been but I hear good things about them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's a little further out but Fuquay Guns in Fuquay Varina has a great selection and excellent staff...they don't have a range but they do teach courses.
View Quote

This. It's worth the drive.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check the suggestions out the next time I go visit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]
A bit more of a drive, but Mace Outdoors in Mebane (just off I-40/85) has a wide selection and the staff will let you handle any and all handguns you think might fit. They have a rep for being woman-friendly (no gunstore cowboys here). I've been doing business with Bill and Linda Mace since the early 90s. I have been tempted to put them on my tax form as a dependant.

If for any reason she is down in the Southern Pines area, Ed's Gun Shop is also a very nice place to shop and he also has a big selection of used guns. As you know Southern Pines is a destination area for retired wealthy folks and he buys whole lots from estate sales, cherry picks the really expensive pieces, and sells the rest at bargain prices. My mate has bought a number of items from Ed, most recently a 1930s production Colt 1903 in midnight blue with ivory grips. It came with a lot of Purdy shotguns that Ed resold to a collector out west and the Colt was just lying on the counter when we walked in.

I used to have a number of friends and family in Durham. They've all moved away. The town is run by crazos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top