Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2021 1:24:16 PM EDT
My wife wants to eat at one of the fancy restaurants down there and I'm trying to make an event of it for Christmas. Wondering if there's areas or specific places to stay, or those to avoid. We've been living in Marietta for 2 years now but never made it to midtown/buckhead/or atlanta proper.

Yes, I know it's a city. I'll carry and we'll take Ubers and stuff so I'm reasonably certain I won't get murdered.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at 10th and Williams the past two nights, and I've stayed there before.

It's clean, near the downtown connector, and not far from the Fox Theatre, etc.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't stayed in a hotel in midtown in over a decade, but I've eaten at the Loews a few times and it always seemed nice. Hotel Midtown (fka The W) just had a big renovation and is supposed to be nice. The Epicurean is brand new hotel in midtown that should be nice. It opened this month I think.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You should consider Peachtree Plaza and supper at The Sundial.

The wife and I have done that several times on date nights.

Wife and youngest daughter at Sundial.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
This one just opened and it's pretty bad-ass with amazing food.
I'm a little biased given my bride was the designer, but it's an option.

Epicurean
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at 10th and Williams the past two nights, and I've stayed there before.

It's clean, near the downtown connector, and not far from the Fox Theatre, etc.
View Quote

I've stayed here too. Any of the popular names near 10/15th should be ok. Im partial to Hilton properties for points.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in a high-rise in Midtown. You really never need to carry in this area. It’s a pretty swanky upscale area. You have to go a couple miles out to the weird areas where you have to worry about things a bit more.

Most people in Midtown are well educated upper class. That being said, the W hotel is right across from my apartment and it seems pretty nice. They filmed the avengers down the street several years ago.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Dinner at Chops and a night at the St. Regis.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dinner at Chops and a night at the St. Regis.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The wife and I just stayed at the embassy suites at Centennial Park.  I was very impressed...$150 per night and it was very clean, quiet, breakfast was free and you get two drinks to pre-game the evening from 6-730 at night. Easy walk to anything in Centennial park
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top