Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2021 8:10:12 PM EDT
4/2/21 "Decatur Community Day of Peace"
if you're the type to keep around non-functioning "junk" guns, here's an opportunity rarely seen outside of Chicago. not to mention giving cash for magazines as well.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
$35 for an AR-15 magazine?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That is very tempting.  It's a solid 3 hour drive for me.  At those prices they will probably run out of money before I get there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
No way they honor that AR magazine price.  You could show up with 100 mags and they'll have $3500 cash?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]
one wonders what kind of 'resource vendors' will be there?

At least one of the clowns there , Sally, has the common courtesy to dress like a clown.   Think she's related to Homie the Clown
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it me, or does the AR15 magazine look like an AK mag? Could it be one of those elusive 50 caliber AR15 magazines that Democrat gun grabbers want to rid a peaceful society of?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No way they honor that AR magazine price.  You could show up with 100 mags and they'll have $3500 cash?
View Quote

Someone in the GD thread said they heard that there was a 5 mag limit.  A friend told me he went to one of the chicago gun turn ins and they limited it to two gift cards per person.

If these become more common I'll have to save up all the damaged and broken and usa magazines I come across.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I posted this in the GD threads.
From the City of Decatur Facebook page

MAGAZINES will NO LONGER be accepted. Too many people have already planned to take advantage of this option.

Only operable firearms will be accepted. The Chief of Police and/or other event organizers present at the collection site reserve the right to make the final decision on whether or not to accept any firearm, as well the number of firearms accepted per person.

Don't want anyone getting their hopes up and making a long drive.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/duM6JZemPlOjUyqmxd/giphy.gif

MAGAZINES will NO LONGER be accepted. Too many people have already planned to take advantage of this option.

Only operable firearms will be accepted. The Chief of Police and/or other event organizers present at the collection site reserve the right to make the final decision on whether or not to accept any firearm, as well the number of firearms accepted per person.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone who knew jack about guns came up with that magazine idea and apparently didnt run it by someone even casually acquainted with ARs or AKs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Someone who knew jack about guns came up with that magazine idea and apparently didn't run it by someone even casually acquainted with ARs or AKs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone who knew jack about guns came up with that magazine idea and apparently didn't run it by someone even casually acquainted with ARs or AKs.

You mean our enemies did not know anything about guns.  Shocked I tell you, shocked I am.  I know some folks that used these gun buybacks to finance youth shooting programs, at least $3,000 that I know of.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:01:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Aren't they obligated by law to honor their price?  It was not a typo, they honestly offered $35 for AR mags, then discovered they were over twice the market price for a new one.  I am losing any respect I had for Decatur PD.  If they are that ignorant, why would I call them?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aren't they obligated by law to honor their price?  It was not a typo, they honestly offered $35 for AR mags, then discovered they were over twice the market price for a new one.  I am losing any respect I had for Decatur PD.  If they are that ignorant, why would I call them?
View Quote

Here's how a contract works by law (extremely simplified).

Offer ------> Acceptance  -------> Binding Contract

Even assuming for the purposes of argument there is any court in the nation that would construe a gun buy back ad as an offer for a binding contract before you actually show up and they take your gun/mags, if you didn't formally accept the offer the other party has the absolute right to withdraw the offer at any time.

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Here's how a contract works by law (extremely simplified).

Offer ------> Acceptance  -------> Binding Contract

Even assuming for the purposes of argument there is any court in the nation that would construe a gun buy back ad as an offer for a binding contract before you actually show up and they take your gun/mags, if you didn't formally accept the offer the other party has the absolute right to withdraw the offer at any time.

View Quote

I wonder what they will do when you go to turn in your pipe shotguns and they refuse to pay you or limit the number they accept. Will they give them back?

Too bad I don’t live closer.

Hopefully someone will have a good story for us from this.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Gun buyback

230 guns with the $40,000 provided by The Howard G. Buffett Foundation.

They do provide a lot of money for public safety.Fact sheet

"I really would like to, seeing the turnout we had, there's obviously a need for it," he said. "It's all about finances and if we can come up with the money to do another one, I'd like to."

Keep your eyes open for beater guns. There may be a market for them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#15]
OR ...

They know the price of a mag

They have moved on from bangers to legit gun owners

This is mostly to identify owners of future illegal mags

Just sayin  ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top