Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2021 8:30:26 AM EDT
I’m going to be in the area this summer, I checked out their website, who’s been there and what were your experiences? Thanks, jarhead13

So I got out there but didn’t have time to shoot my Garand. I shot their 5 stand.
Scott, he was working the counter and the guy that pulled targets for me, I’ve forgotten his name. Both were terrific, I shot 2 rounds of 5 stand and had a blast!!
At the 5 stand the guy told me that I could shoot  any combination I wanted.
I shot mostly the full course, a couple times I wanted to reshoot the few I missed.
For $45 a round of 25, I think it was a deal! They show you the flight before you shoot. For the fun I had and the throwers help, I gave him a tip.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I shot a PCC match there a few years ago.  Really nice place, good layout, the folks I talked to in the pro-shop seemed friendly enough.

I just wish it were closer.  To anything.  (seriously, it's in the middle of nowhere)  
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shot a PCC match there a few years ago.  Really nice place, good layout, the folks I talked to in the pro-shop seemed friendly enough.

I just wish it were closer.  To anything.  (seriously, it's in the middle of nowhere)  
View Quote

Thanks, my brother lives outside of Sparta and I’m staying a couple of days, so it looks like I’ll shoot my Garand and some sporting clays.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, it's close to Fall Creek Falls..............  
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been out there once. The RO on the rifle range was very helpful and spotted for me to get my .308 out to 800yds (I was shooting 168 SMKs that were going transonic and it was all over the place at 1k.)
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
i was a member for a year until i moved.  great guys.  good range.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Out of Chattanooga and shoot there every chance I can after getting into the long range game.

As stated, very nice facilities and the Shot Marker electronic target setup they have on the 1k yard rifle range is especially nice as you never have to call a cold range to go check targets. All the shot data is sent to tablet PCs there at the firing line.

Recently, they have added more electronic targets at 400yds iirc in addition to the ones already present at 100, 600, 800, and 1000. Varrying sizes of steel is also set up at 200, 400, 600, 800, and 1000.

As stated, the range RO is extremely on point with helping you get spotted in and tips to help you get out to extended ranges very quickly, even with new shooters.

First day out with a new rifle and optic, and never having shot past 200yds, and he had me dialed in enough to get me making consistant wind calls with pretty terrible ammo (1-2 moa random assortment I had brought for shits n giggles) out to 800 yards that first day.

Imho, if you are a new long range shooter, the simple fact of never having to call a cold range is 100% worth the slightly higher price of the membership compared to other ranges just from the amount of time spent shooting instead of waiting.

Edit: Screenshot of the shot spotter system from when I was doing handload development after that first day.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#7]
keep in mind, those electronic targets are handy but they need regular calibration.   shooting on the 100 yard ones, there was often a few inch difference between the hole i could see in the paper and where the system said the round went.     it can be pretty difficult to get confidence that the long range ones are calibrated, since you can't see holes at that distance.   they do usually throw a bunch of 3" clays on the 1000 yard berm before the fclass matches for people to use for sighters.   i like shooting at them more than the steel or electronic targets
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#8]
the other nice thing about the targets is that they give you a velocity reading.   if you can trust it, you could use a magnetospeed on the gun and the velocity at distance to figure out your BC
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The Mrs here.... Is a nice range, nice bathrooms in the club house area. My advice remember to keep hydrated and watch for snakes. TN summers have high humidity and you get dehydrated quicker than you think.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds good y’all!! Thanks for the info! It’ll be nice to have someone to give me a hand with the M1 if I need it, especially at the 600 yard target.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]
BUMP, update in op.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
My daughter bought me gift certificates for Father’s Day and hoping to try this place out before long. I’ve heard great things about it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's a picture of their tiny little rifle range.  

100,200,300,600,800 and 1000 yard targets.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top