Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2022 10:41:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good news. Another step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Makes sense to me, I wonder how many teachers are interested in carrying?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
...this was much needed to give schools options for their defense after our whackjob supreme court neutered them

good on dewine for signing it!

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Makes sense to me, I wonder how many teachers are interested in carrying?
View Quote

I personally know several.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Another step in the right direction for Ohio.  Though this one corrects a "stumble" along the way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Pleased/Surprised.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
That’s still a decent amount of time and money. I wonder if school districts or local programs will help individual faculty members pay for that training. If so, who makes the final decision on whether or not a person or company is allowed to conduct that training? And what certifications must the training company possess to be eligible to train the faculty?

Because there is no real way to legitimize training. USCCA and NRA instructor certs are a joke. Any monkey with the money can be an NRA instructor.

I’m thrilled the bill passed. We need more little victories these days.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That’s still a decent amount of time and money. I wonder if school districts or local programs will help individual faculty members pay for that training. If so, who makes the final decision on whether or not a person or company is allowed to conduct that training? And what certifications must the training company possess to be eligible to train the faculty?

Because there is no real way to legitimize training. USCCA and NRA instructor certs are a joke. Any monkey with the money can be an NRA instructor.

I’m thrilled the bill passed. We need more little victories these days.
View Quote

Good questions.  Buckeye Firearms Association does offer their Faculty / Administrator Safety Training & Emergency Response (FASTER) program free to any Ohio school teacher or staff.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/faculty-administrator-safety-training-emergency-response

or go direct to

https://fastersaveslives.org/
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good questions.  Buckeye Firearms Association does offer their Faculty / Administrator Safety Training & Emergency Response (FASTER) program free to any Ohio school teacher or staff.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/faculty-administrator-safety-training-emergency-response

or go direct to

https://fastersaveslives.org/
View Quote

Interesting. They don’t really list what the curriculum is from my 10 seconds on the site. I’ll have to look into it more. I know every training center is going to be trying to get into this market segment. Which is good. Especially for the 8hr retrain every year. Could help bring in a lot of money to ranges.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Sent Governor Dewine a thank you.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top