Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2021 11:00:36 AM EDT
Anyone hitting the show?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Daytona has many regular events.  

The races; Daytona 500, Coke 400, Rolex 24, and many smaller ones.
Bike Week and Biketober
Turkey Run Car Show & Swapmeet
Jeep Beach
VW Fun days
Truck Meet

My experience living beachside in Daytona for almost 10 years is that, by far, the Truck event is the worst group of people.  While no means it's all of them, they have a higher percentage of idiots, "look at me" stunts, and not caring a bit about how what they are doing impacts others.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My experience living beachside in Daytona for almost 10 years is that, by far, the Truck event is the worst group of people.  While no means it's all of them, they have a higher percentage of idiots, "look at me" stunts, and not caring a bit about how what they are doing impacts others.
View Quote

Yep. I took a ride through Daytona this morning. Beachside was trashed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/city-of-daytona-beach-to-discuss-disruptive-truck-event-not-returning-next-year
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
The city of Daytona sent on an email to residents warning of "emergency conditions" due to the trucks.

They also stated that they were prepared to shutdown the bridges to beachside and only allow verified residents to go over if things got worse.

Pretty sad.  I have nothing against trucks, but the people that come to this event put them in a very bad light.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The city of Daytona sent on an email to residents warning of "emergency conditions" due to the trucks.

They also stated that they were prepared to shutdown the bridges to beachside and only allow verified residents to go over if things got worse.

Pretty sad.  I have nothing against trucks, but the people that come to this event put them in a very bad light.
View Quote
Lmao.
Yet
..never did for BCR....lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lmao.
Yet
..never did for BCR....lol
View Quote

BCR (Black College Reunion) got shut out of Daytona a decade ago because of similar bad behavior.  2001 it brought about 100,000 people.  By 2011 it was 1,000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top