Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2021 10:56:05 AM EDT
Hello gang!

How busy is the beach on Sunday afternoons now?
Plan on taking a date there and parking on the beach.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been packed on the weekends. I would recommend trying to get there by 1030/11am at the latest.

There's an app called "Volusia Beaches" that will show you the status of all of the beach ramps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I can’t get there until around 2.  That’s ok.

Any recommendations to take a lady in Daytona?
We shot pool last weekend, so I need some food, activity recommendations.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!  I can’t get there until around 2.  That’s ok.

Any recommendations to take a lady in Daytona?
We shot pool last weekend, so I need some food, activity recommendations.  Thanks!
View Quote

2pm might be too late to be able to drive onto the beach, but check the status of the ramps on the app when you are close. If you can't get on in Daytona, you might be able to get on in Ormond or Ponce Inlet.

What kind of food? Canal St or Flagler Ave in NSB might be a better option and you might have better luck getting on the beach as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Anything but seafood.  That’s her, not me.  I will look at those places you mentioned as well.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anything but seafood.  That’s her, not me.  I will look at those places you mentioned as well.

Thanks!
View Quote

If you end up in NSB - Yellow Dog on Canal St is a cool lunch spot. There's a brewery right next door as well. And they usually have things going on in that area on the weekends. Flagler is the road closer to the beach. Lots of restaurants, bars, shops there too. You can drive and park on the beach there if it's not full or high tide - I think it's $20 for the day unless you have a pass? There is also street parking and a few paid lots.

For Daytona, maybe Beach Street? One Daytona?

Ormond Beach has a walkable downtown area near the water. Granada Blvd. There's a Tiki Bar there called GRIND that is pretty good.

Ponce Inlet is right next to Port Orange. Lots of places to eat there. But Dunlawton is usually all traffic on weekends.

If the beach parking is full everywhere, you might be able to find a spot in either Lighthouse Park (Ponce Inlet) or Smyrna Dunes Park (NSB). Both are $10/day if you don't have a pass.

People that live near the beach usually rent parking spots too. So if you're OK with a short walk, that might be an option.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The Garlic in New Smyrna Beach.

Here
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Garlic in New Smyrna Beach.

Here
View Quote

Just be prepared for a long wait if you go there. They don’t take reservations either. But they have a nice bar outside you can wait at and grab a drink. The Treehouse place right down the road is good too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just be prepared for a long wait if you go there. They don’t take reservations either. But they have a nice bar outside you can wait at and grab a drink. The Treehouse place right down the road is good too.
View Quote

The treehouse place - Norwoods?

Give JBs fish camp a try for paddle boarding or kayaking.

Downwind cafe

Volusia Top Gun do some shooting and hit the bar and grill.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
First of all!  Thanks a bunch for the recommendations.
Will definitely try some of those spots out.

We drove and parked on Daytona beach around 2:00.  It was very crowded but there was some parking.  I just happened to have a fresh bottle of wine on ice.  Popped the cork, watched the waves and a little bit of traffic.

I pulled up at The Garlic at 3:45.  Packed is an understatement.  I kicked her out to get in line and I parked.  We were seated about 4:05.  She absolutely loved it.  What a nice, classy place.

I really do appreciate all of your recommendations.
Make sure you are taking your woman out to some of these places.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife and I go to the Garlic all the time. Going on a weekend after 6? Forget it haha. Love the food and atmosphere. As someone else mentioned, the treehouse bar next door at Norwoods is great for some drinks, especially at night. Wouldn't be a bad idea to hit Flagler Ave in NSB if you're ever around that area.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Try the beach at Ponce Inlet. It seems to be less crowded and not so many tourists. I guess because you have to pay to park.

Check out “Norwoods” in New Smyrna Bch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top