Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2018 12:36:05 PM EDT
First, I have no affiliation with Darkside, nor do I gain anything monetarily.  Just wanted to let locals know of a great company.

Got a tip from the fine folks on this forum about Darkside Vault in Sanford with a rifle I needed coated for my MIL.  Of course she wanted a purple camo AR.  Not my cup of tea but whatever makes her happy (and off my ass).

All I did was provide a picture and Yung (owner/president), hooked me up.  The rifle came out better than I expected.  Way beyond what I expected.

So if you are in need of cerakote, customization, etc., give Yung a call at Darkside.  You won't be disappointed.

Thanks Yung, I'll be back for more later.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
How much do they charge?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know his full pricing menu,  but give him a call with what you are looking for,  and he'll let you know.   Very competitive pricing.  I was quite pleased.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
No web site? Just facebook?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Yung is good to go. Give him a call, he'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Fellas! Yung here from Darkside Vault, I appreciate all the ARFcommer support over the years and meeting alot of you guys!
Our website is currently being redone/switching web hosting company at the moment.
You can reach me via email or on our FB page.

ljh824 thank you for the opportunity and we hope the MIL digs it man!
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be sure to hit you up the next time I need a cerakote app.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Question on cerekote for Darkside Vault;

My understanding was that you can’t coat plastics due to the baking temperature.

Do I misunderstand?

The rifle in the photo had all surfaces matching.

How is that done?
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question on cerekote for Darkside Vault;

My understanding was that you can’t coat plastics due to the baking temperature.

Do I misunderstand?

The rifle in the photo had all surfaces matching.

How is that done?
View Quote
It's a misconception, cerakote can be applied to almost all plastic and polymer based products. There are a few types of cerakote coatings, some required to be oven temp cured after applying to the surface, then there is Air cure cerakote also for things such as Scopes, or temperature sensitive plastics/polymer, composite rifle frames and stocks... etc. The Key is to know the temperature range of the product you're coating and what it can handle. Also the prep work is crucial to how the cerakote comes out. That just comes with experience. We make sure to get all the specs/tech info of any product that we aren't familiar with prior to coating if its a oven cure cerakote application.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 for Darkside Vault. Great to deal with. I have a couple of rifles going to Yung for camo as soon as some parts get back from Robar.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Dealt with Yung/Darkside many times. Top notch dude. Recommended him to many others as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top