Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/21/2018 3:26:59 PM EDT
Curious to know if anyone has any experience with them. I have a 2004 Jeep that might need some work done on its muffler and might have some electrical issues. The radio display doesn't work, passenger doors don't lock and windows don't work, and interior lights are continuously on. May need tires and an oil change.

Price-wise are they expensive as in a possibility of a few grand or ??
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
They treated my wife well when she needed work done on a 99 Grand Prix(back when it was a newer car). But with electrical, it will likely get expensive fast.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:05:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Dan Deery's isn't cheap, but they can do the job.
Call and talk to Bryan at Etringer automotive, (319) 232-1929,  I have been taking my vehicles there for over 20 years.  Fair prices and honest work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know anything about Dan Deery, but between the electrical issues and needing new tires you're probably going to be well over a grand depending on the tire of tires you get. Also electrical issues can be tough to trace down and usually involve a lot of labor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Dealer is the nuclear option IMO. Sometimes a necessary evil w/ electrical issues though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dealer is the nuclear option IMO. Sometimes a necessary evil w/ electrical issues though.
View Quote
I buy my vehicles from Dan Deery - I avoid them at all costs for service. You get nothing for the extra $ you pay compared to a non- dealer mechanic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a journey from them. Got the 3 year extend warranty. Supposed to cover engine and drive train. $200 deductible if I blow the engine or transmission and they'll replace it with a new one. If I ever need to use it, I hope it's pretty hassle free.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top