Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2023 8:43:21 PM EDT
Just realized that steve newman and kathy byron are not seeking reelction.
Newman was 100% pro gun and im pretty sure byron has been solid.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that.

Southeastern Loudoun County here.

We've got anti-gunners Sen. John Bell and Del. Suhas Subramanyam.

ETA - Bell says he's retiring for health reasons, and Subramanyam wants
         to run for state senate.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I got gerrymandered out of mine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got gerrymandered out of mine.
View Quote

Looks like my districts are different now too. Not sure which ones im in
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can look it up here.  https://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/

Redistricting was, needless to say, effed up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill look into it.
From what I understand, Re-districting heavily favored democrats. Seems like we may be in for a big fucking.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ill look into it.
From what I understand, Re-districting heavily favored democrats. Seems like we may be in for a big fucking.
View Quote

It favored the dems, but I don’t think it’s catastrophic.  There are more competitive districts that may lean dem, but not overwhelmingly so.  There are a ton of open seats, with no incumbent, so lots of room for the reps to gain ground.  It’s a matter of the party not shooting itself in the foot, recognizing the close races that can be turned with extra support, and keeping a decent ground game.  

Fight over internal purity during the primaries, but once there’s a candidate, support them- you know that’s what the dems will be doing.  If we continue to sabotage the good because the good is not perfect, you’re right, and we’re done for.

Virginia is still a 51/49 state, going either way depending on current events.  Right now, with the national level shit show the dems are, the reps should have a fighting chance.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It favored the dems, but I don't think it's catastrophic.  There are more competitive districts that may lean dem, but not overwhelmingly so.  There are a ton of open seats, with no incumbent, so lots of room for the reps to gain ground.  It's a matter of the party not shooting itself in the foot, recognizing the close races that can be turned with extra support, and keeping a decent ground game.  

Fight over internal purity during the primaries, but once there's a candidate, support them- you know that's what the dems will be doing.  If we continue to sabotage the good because the good is not perfect, you're right, and we're done for.

Virginia is still a 51/49 state, going either way depending on current events.  Right now, with the national level shit show the dems are, the reps should have a fighting chance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill look into it.

It favored the dems, but I don't think it's catastrophic.  There are more competitive districts that may lean dem, but not overwhelmingly so.  There are a ton of open seats, with no incumbent, so lots of room for the reps to gain ground.  It's a matter of the party not shooting itself in the foot, recognizing the close races that can be turned with extra support, and keeping a decent ground game.  

Fight over internal purity during the primaries, but once there's a candidate, support them- you know that's what the dems will be doing.  If we continue to sabotage the good because the good is not perfect, you're right, and we're done for.

Bold is good.
Underlined is the issue. The Va GOP are the undisputed kings of snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bold is good.
Underlined is the issue. The Va GOP are the undisputed kings of snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory.
View Quote

Sad but very true.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Va GOP are the undisputed kings of snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory.
View Quote

VA's GOP is an absolute disaster.  There is no leadership nor fight in the VA GOP.  I sometimes wonder if they aren't paid off by the demomarxists.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Byron didn't introduce any pro-2A legislation in her entire career AFAIK and she was in a super safe district.    

Good chance to get some new blood in the game and push them to take action.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top