Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2022 8:04:03 AM EDT
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/major-accident-great-trinity-forest-way-south-buckner-dallas/287-2f393da3-aaee-4cf2-afb1-bda06e1e9fe4

Anyone have any additional info on this accident? I saw the initial reports but there was no cause identified. Still not finding anything.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
speed and/or alcohol
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
For anything South Dallas or the Grove, you need to follow Smash Da Topic on facebook. Everyone calls the dude Smash. There's two videos of the wreck there and probably 1200 comments, but no written story and I don't have the time or inclination to go through it all.

I know this is going to sound racist, but I drive that stretch of road nearly every day. I have two business locations and that's the most direct route between them. To put it simply, it's a culture problem, no one gives a fuck about South Dallas, and it's just as much the people who work in city hall as it is the people who live here. I think I've been here long enough to stop caring too.

The next morning after that wreck, there was another wreck half a mile down the road at Pemberton Hill, hit hard enough to overturn another car.

Some asshole with money thought it would be a good idea to put a red light there at the new golf course so we could all wait on their ass, there was a fucking 3 - 4 car wreck a few days prior to this one. Red light? That's just a fucking suggestion.

Racing all the time, driving 3 wide on the shoulder all the time. Running red lights is normal. Paper tags is normal, speeding is normal. Cars running off the road and taking out guard rails is normal. You could make the speed limit 20 mph with speed bumps every 100 yards and people would still get killed.

I think it was about 2 years ago, some security guard got wrapped up in a race at Loop 12 and 310, he got smushed. Died in his car, some goofball filmed it and posted it online. Go back 3 or 4 years ago, former city council woman Carolyn Davis was killed by a white dude driving drunk a little further down the road. Guy was a multiple dwi offender and still out cruising South Dallas drunk as a skunk driving the wrong way down Loop 12.

But hey, she was awaiting federal prison sentencing for taking brides. At least we didn't have to pay for that. Someone gets convicted of that stuff about every other year, pretty sure it's the norm in government around here.

Your safest bet to turn off at Elam and cut over to Jim Miller and avoid that whole section of road if you need to go that way.

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Very bad vibrant area to drive in. That stretch of Loop 12 sees the worst of ratchet drivers mixed with high speed traffic trying to travel from I-45 to US 175 and vice versa. When US 175 was rebuilt over the last several years they deleted the route from northbound I-45 to southbound 175 and northbound 175 to southbound I-45. That forces a lot of traffic through Pemberton Hill and the Pleasant Grove interchange at US 175 and Loop 12.

I frequent that area but do not live there. I have witnessed some NASCAR level wrecks along that stretch of road. Even at dawn on weekends drivers get in monster wrecks there.

As pointed out in this thread there is a lot of city hall corruption responsible for the mess there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I know most people don't believe my stories. One of my employees found a hole in the roof of one of our buildings this morning with this inside. 38 or 357, softpoint, maybe WWB. We'll add it to the collection. First revolver round in a while.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top